Get Your Business Involved
- Businesses will need to complete a project proposal form outlining the scope of their project by Friday, February 12, 2021. Proposals may focus on any business need. Examples include:
- Marketing-related. Target market analysis, market survey development, social media strategies, brand development, environmental scans
- Management/HR related. Human resource management plans, job descriptions, emergency preparedness plans, supply chain management strategies
- Financial/Accounting related. Development of a cost life cycle analysis, , financial strategies
- Health-care related
- A select number of projects will be chosen, and businesses will be notified of their acceptance into the program by February 19, 2021.
- Businesses will be paired with student consulting teams and faculty advisors.
- The project engagement will begin March 1, 2021 and will be completed by June 15, 2021.
What to Expect
Coyote Business Consulting Group is designed to be beneficial to both the businesses and the students involved in the project. If your business’s project gets selected, here is the order in which you can expect the project to proceed, as well as expectations for your business:
- If your project is selected, you’ll first be contacted by the faculty advisor or a member of the advisory council to ensure your project is appropriately scoped in a way that our students can fulfill the scope of work in the allotted time and with the appropriate skills.
- A project kick-off meeting will then be scheduled with you by the student consulting team, where they will walk through a number of questions to help them complete the project.
- The student-team will provide a list of requested materials or information that they need from you to begin working on the project as well as an anticipated timeline with milestones identified.
- Throughout the process you can expect regular check-ins from the student-team and occasional requests for additional information. Check-ins from the faculty advisor may also occur during the project’s duration. In the event that expectations are not being met by the student-team or the business, the faculty advisor will get involved to ensure the project can stay on track.
- At the end of the project in mid-June, you will receive a written report and an oral presentation of the student-team recommendations. Additionally, business materials obtained from the student-team will be returned. Final presentations will be scheduled as part of the overall project timeline and upon completion of the final presentation, the team will work to transition all materials back to the business.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.