Your application should include:
- A 300-word description of your research area of interest. Include why you feel the area of research is important and how it aligns with the goals of your mentor and the SPURA program.
- A 500-word personal statement describing what are you hoping to gain in terms of career/professional development by participating in SPURA. Describe your educational background and achievements, including information on barriers (educational, personal, social and/or cultural) you may have personally faced and how you overcame them. This can also include an optional personal statement regarding your interest in the subject of drug abuse, addiction and related mental health conditions.
- Student’s transcript from webadvisor, to be emailed to CBBRe@usd.edu
- Letter of support from the student's faculty mentor, to be emailed to CBBRe@usd.edu
- Applications are due on or before February 14 each year
Interested students should identify a faculty mentor as soon as possible. Faculty mentors can sponsor two student application per year. However, preference may be given to supporting students from another laboratory before a second student from the same mentor is funded.
Students should work with their faculty mentor in developing their application. Contact Brian Burrell (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you need assistance in identifying or contacting a potential faculty mentor.