USD ensures students will be able to attend classes in-person, and social distancing will take place in classrooms to the extent possible.
- USD is reexamining all classrooms to create social distancing spaces wherever possible.
- Some classrooms may not be used. For instance, large lectures may be moved into Aalfs Auditorium, then smaller classes will utilize the lecture halls.
- If needed, USD will install video technology in all large lecture halls and most classrooms.
- Classroom tables, desks and other commonly touched surfaces will be disinfected daily.
- USD has purchased electrostatic sprayers, which creates a positively charged disinfectant that adheres to surfaces and makes it more efficient for Facilities Management to disinfect these areas.
- Multiple hand sanitizer stations have been added to each building on campus, and there are thousands of individual hand sanitizers to be distributed.
- Each classroom will be equipped with disinfectant spray and/or wipes as they become available.
Students are highly encouraged to wear masks in all communal spaces as a safety measure for themselves and others. More details about the intended classroom experience will be shared over the upcoming weeks.