The University of South Dakota is committed to sharing real-time data indicating the number of known cases of COVID-19 for students, faculty and staff. These data will be updated as frequently as possible. It is important to emphasize that because some out-of-town students may initially be recorded using their permanent residences, the USD data may not always align with the number of cases reported on the South Dakota Department of Health (DOH) website. Accurate documentation on the DOH website may take a few days.
The five categories of self-reported data include:
- Total number of current (active) self-reported USD faculty, staff and student positive COVID-19 cases
- Total number of current (active) self-reported USD faculty/staff positive COVID-19 cases
- Total number of current (active) self-reported USD student positive COVID-19 cases
- Total number of currently quarantined and isolated USD faculty, staff and students (this includes students who may live off-campus or who have returned home to their permanent residences)
- Total number of currently quarantined/isolated students in on-campus university housing
Isolation separates sick people from people who are not sick. Quarantine separates and restricts the movement of people who were exposed to a contagious disease to see if they become sick.
To view the DOH’s weekly, aggregated COVID-19 positive case count for higher education and K-12, visit the DOH website. This information will be updated, based on DOH positive case reports, every Monday by noon.
For a current count of positive COVID-19 cases in Clay County and throughout South Dakota, please visit the DOH website.
If you have any questions, please contact the COVID-19 Task Force at COVID19@usd.edu.