Dear USD Community,
As you may be aware, the number of positive COVID-19 cases in Clay County rose over the weekend. The South Dakota Department of Health recorded 20 new confirmed positive cases over the weekend, bringing Clay County’s total to 35.
While the South Dakota Department of Health does not release the names of those diagnosed due to patient confidentiality, it is important to remember that there is much we can do to prevent the spread of COVID-19, including:
- Washing your hands regularly
- Wearing a mask in public
- Coughing into your elbow or a tissue, rather than your hand
- Avoiding all unnecessary face-to-face encounters
- Staying home when you are sick
Now is the time to act responsibly and sensibly. We ask that you continue to be considerate of others and be a model for the behavior we expect of all Yotes.
- If you develop symptoms, call your health care provider immediately and avoid contact with other people.
- If you have been in close contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, you are expected to self-quarantine for 14 days.
For current case counts in South Dakota, visit covid.sd.gov.
We understand these are stressful times and USD’s telehealth counseling services remain available for students in need. Appointments can be made by calling 605-658-3580.
If you have questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to reach out to email@example.com.
- COVID-19 Task Force