As a result of the global coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic and with consideration to our community’s most vulnerable populations, USD has updated its self-quarantine guidelines:
- If you have had direct contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 or if you are under testing for suspected exposure to COVID-19, you are expected to self-quarantine for 14 days.
- If you are worried that you may have been exposed through contact with a person whom you suspect might have been exposed to COVID-19, you are expected to self-quarantine until a medical provider has determined the significance of the contact.
- For example, if your roommate works closely with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, or is suspected of being positive for COVID-19, you are expected to self-quarantine until it is known whether or not exposure is confirmed or 14 days have passed, whichever comes first.
- If you visit a location identified as the highest notice level, “Warning Level 3,” you are expected to self-quarantine for 14 days.
- Students may not self-quarantine in residence halls. If you have concerns, please contact email@example.com.
For more information about USD’s response to COVID-19, visit usd.edu/COVID19.
- University of South Dakota COVID-19 Task Force