Dear Campus Community,
USD will maintain its original spring semester schedule for Spring 2021, according to a decision made by the South Dakota Board of Regents (SDBOR) yesterday.
Please note the following important dates:
- The spring academic term will begin Monday, Jan. 11, 2021, and conclude Friday, May 7, 2021.
- Spring break will be observed March 8-12; no classes or course assignments will be scheduled on those dates.
- Each university will observe official holidays on Martin Luther King, Jr. Day (Jan. 18) and Presidents’ Day (Feb. 15).
- No classes will be held on Good Friday, which falls on April 2, 2021.
- Commencement will take place May 8.
To make this decision, the SDBOR weighed public health considerations and consulted with public health experts. Absent a clear preference for changing the calendar, the SDBOR opted to recommend the regents maintain the spring semester schedule as originally adopted.
We know scheduled breaks are important to the health and wellness of our students, faculty and staff, and we appreciate everyone’s continued dedication this year to preventing the spread of COVID-19. If you have any questions about the academic calendar, please email email@example.com.
Kurt Hackemer, Ph.D.
Vice President for Academic Affairs and Provost