In response to Gov. Kristi Noem’s Executive Order 2020-04 and amid the global COVID-19 pandemic, the South Dakota Board of Regents has determined all South Dakota public universities will transition spring classes online for the duration of the semester and postpone graduation ceremonies until further notice.
Students will receive pro-rated credits for their residence hall contracts, meal plans, unused flex and parking permits. Refunds, if applicable, are expected to be issued by the end of April. Students eligible for a refund will be contacted by the Business Office.
- Students with spring housing contracts through university housing who are not currently residing in their residence hall will have their housing contract canceled as of March 16, 2020.
- Students with spring meal plans will have their meal plan canceled as of March 16, 2020.
- Current students with a parking permit will receive a pro-rated credit.
- All credits will be applied to outstanding balances first.
- If application of the credits produces an overall credit balance, the student will be issued a refund.
- Refunds will be issued by an ACH refund to students with banking information on file. If no banking information is on file, then a refund check will be mailed to the mailing address on record.
- Refunds are expected to be issued by the end of April. The USD Business Office will contact eligible students with information to set up ACH (direct deposit) information. ACH is highly recommended.
For questions or concerns, please contact the Business Office at 605-658-3650 or email@example.com.