USD and Sanford Health are offering another vaccine clinic on campus. On Thursday, April 22 from noon – 1:30 p.m., students, faculty and staff can get the Moderna vaccine in the Beacom Hall lobby – no appointment needed. Please set aside 30 minutes and bring your insurance card with you. At this time, there is no out-of-pocket cost for the vaccine; private insurance companies and government insurance programs like Medicare will fully cover the cost. You will receive a $10 Charlie's gift card when you participate.
All South Dakotans age 16 and older – including USD students, regardless of primary residence – are now eligible to get vaccinated for COVID-19.
If you would like to get vaccinated for COVID-19, please take the following steps:
- Visit the Sanford Health website and select one of two options for scheduling your appointment. You can schedule your appointment through My Sanford Chart or as a guest.
- Choose Sanford Clinic Vermillion or another Sanford location that is located near you.
- Select an appointment time.
- If you are an out-of-state student, be sure to provide your local address when prompted.
- Complete the form to confirm your appointment selection.
By getting vaccinated, you can better protect your health, your loved ones and our community. If you have questions about scheduling a vaccine appointment, please call Sanford Health at (877) 701-0779 Monday – Friday between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m.
Additional COVID-19 vaccine information is available at the South Dakota Department of Health COVID-19 website. Please contact the COVID-19 Task Force at COVID19@usd.edu with any questions about the university's response to the pandemic.