#ProtectThePack by Getting Vaccinated
The best step you can take to protect yourself and others against COVID-19 is getting vaccinated. COVID-19 vaccines are safe, effective and free. Everyone 12 years of age and older is eligible, regardless of their immigration or health insurance status. In coordination with the South Dakota Department of Health, USD encourages all community members to get vaccinated.
COVID-19 Vaccination Opportunities
If you would like to get vaccinated against COVID-19 at Sanford Health, please take the following steps:
- Visit the Sanford Health website and select one of two options for scheduling your appointment. You can schedule your appointment through My Sanford Chart or as a guest.
- Choose Sanford Clinic Vermillion or another Sanford location that is located near you.
- Select an appointment time.
- If you are an out-of-state student, be sure to provide your local address when prompted.
- Complete the form to confirm your appointment selection.
If you have questions about scheduling a vaccine appointment, please call Sanford Health at (877) 701-0779 Monday – Friday between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m.
If you would like to get vaccinated against COVID-19 at Walmart, schedule an appointment online.
By getting vaccinated, you can better protect your health, your loved ones and our community. Additional COVID-19 vaccine information is available at the South Dakota Department of Health COVID-19 website. Please contact the COVID-19 Task Force at COVID19@usd.edu with any questions about the university's response to the pandemic.