Faculty and/or departments can be granted the use of a Technology Fellow (more than one if a department) for around 11 hours per week, for at least one semester, or the Tech Fellow can be used for small projects for the entire academic year.
Tech Fellows Usage:
TechFellows may be asked to provide support in the following areas:
- Technical Support
- Facilitate classroom preparation for technology based delivery
- Assist with campus virtualization efforts
- Programming for campus supported applications
- Provide assistance for library digitalization project
- Website Development & Management
- Maintain web-based information resources
- Migration of new design standards
- Maintain information currency
- Assist with web casting/web conferencing
- Instructional Design Support
- Assist with course design and preparation
- Develop computer-based simulation to be used in class
- Production of multi-media course presentations
- Audio and video capture, editing, and publishing
- Professional Development
- Assist in educational programming for faculty
- Engage in mentoring activities for other student technology fellows
- Coordinate elearning activities on campus
- Support faculty
- Routine keyboarding functions such as word processing of tests, course handouts, syllabi, and similar functions.
- Entering information or data in any form, electronic or paper, for research projects.
- Preparing presentations for professional meetings, seminars, conferences or the like.
- Entering management data in spreadsheets or databases.
- Performing clerical functions of any type for any faculty or staff member.
- Any activity that requires the Tech Fellow to act as a content provider.
Care should be taken to limit the exposure of Tech Fellows to the following tasks:
Note: It is required that a faculty member or department requesting the use of a Tech Fellow provide the necessary working space, hardware or software to the Tech Fellow in order for them to complete their assigned duties.
Monthly reports: These reports can be informal, consisting of one short paragraph that explains what the Tech Fellow has been completing during the last month. A reminder e-mail will be e-mailed to the supervisor before the reports are due. Please e-mail the monthly report to email@example.com.
Semester Reviews: Tech Fellow Supervisors are required to submit a written review for each of your Tech Fellows at the end of each semester. The reports should include your Tech Fellow's performance, strengths, weaknesses, and any other comments you may have about your Tech Fellow or the program. A reminder e-mail will be e-mailed to the supervisor before the reports are due. Please e-mail the semester review to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have questions, please contact us at email@example.com or 605-677-5411.