The preschool program is designed to meet the needs of children between the ages of 3 to 5. With a full-time teacher as well as qualified teaching assistants, children will take part in weekly themes. Each day's schedule includes self-selected activities, large and small group activities, learning centers and outdoor time.
Using the services the Vucurevich Children's Center has to offer, parents of preschoolers can expect:
- 10:1 staff-to-child ratio
- Staff members familiar with current educational practices
- Weekly lesson plans promoting play requiring the use of all five senses and a style of play that promotes math, social skills, music, art, outdoor play, character-building and more
- Parent-teacher conferences twice a year
- Outdoor playground area designed for preschool-aged children
- Full-day, full-year and half-day Head Start programming
The preschool program encourages community within each child, developing critical thinking and dialog in the pursuit of knowledge and understanding of the world and each other in the world.