I maintain an ongoing line of research focused on libraries as strategic organizations,
communication within libraries, the human-technology interface, and the role of critical
theory in both librarianship and teaching. My research is interdisciplinary in nature
drawing upon anthropology, communication studies, information science, and sociology.
Citations listed below are presented in a standardized, modified format for
display purposes only. They do not necessarily reflect the preferred style and conventions
of the faculty member or discipline.
- Leibiger, Carol, and Aldrich, Alan W.. 'Measuring That Which Is Valued': Implementing and Managing Efficient Formative Assessment
and Evaluation of Library Instruction. In Brick and Click Libraries: Proceedings of an Academic Library Conference. Maryville, MO: B.D. Owens Library, Northwest Missouri State University, 2015.
- Aldrich, Alan W.. Universities and libraries move to the mobile web., On-line publication. Vol. 33, Iss. 2. Educause Quarterly, 2010.
- Aldrich, Alan W., and Leibiger, Carol. Face it! Reference work and politeness theory go hand in hand. In Proceedings of the Fourteenth National Conference of the Association of College and
Research Libraries, edited by D. M. Mueller, 235-246. Chicago, IL: Association of College and Research Libraries , 2009.
- Aldrich, Alan W.. Judging books by their covers: Managing the tensions between paperback and cloth-bound
purchases in academic libraries., 57-70. Vol. 70, Iss. 1. College and Research Libraries , 2009.
- Aldrich, Alan W.. Creating collaborative workstations for reference and public use in academic libraries, 364-377. Vol. 15, Iss. 3. College and Undergraduate Libraries, 2008.
- Aldrich, Alan W.. Following the phosphorous trail of research library mission statements into present
and future harbors. In Sailing into the future: Charting our destiny: Proceedings of the Thirteenth National
Conference of the Association of College and Research Libraries, edited by H. A. Thompson , 304-316. Chicago, IL: Association of College and Research Libraries, 2007.
- Aldrich, Alan W.. Considering culture in the analysis of arguments. In Proceedings of the 5th Conference of the International Society for the Study of Argumentation, edited by F. H. van Eemeren, J. A. Blair, C. A. Willard, and A. F. Snoeck-Henklemans (eds), pp. 3-8. Amsterdam: SIC-SAT, 2003.
- Aakhus, Mark, and Aldrich, Alan W.. Crafting Communication Activity: Understanding Felicity in "I Wish I. . . " Compliments, 395-425. Vol. 35, Iss. 4. Research in Language and Social Interaction, 2002.
- Aldrich, Alan W.. Framing blame and managing accountability to pragma-dialectical principles in congressional
testimony.. In In Eemeren, F. (Ed.), Legal argumentation and advances in pragma-dialectics, pp. 309-321. Amsterdam: SIC-SAT, 2002.
- Nidumolu, Sarma, Subramani, Mani, and Aldrich, Alan W.. Situated learning and the situated knowledge web: Exploring the ground beneath knowledge
management., 115-150. Vol. 18, Iss. 1. Journal of Management Information Systems, 2001.