Sioux Falls Site Director
Phone: (605) 357-1570
Amy McTighe has worked for the University of South Dakota since 2003 and graduated with her MSN from the University of Phoenix in 2006. Prior to working for USD, Amy worked as a Labor/Delivery/Normal Newborn nurse and continues to work prn at the local healthcare facility. Amy is a member of the USD Nursing and SHS Interdisciplinary/Interprofessional Team of Champions, the BSN Curriculum Organization Team, and the Testing and Exam administration Team. Amy is the Pierre campus local course coordinator and member of the statewide course teams for N315, N352, N330/331, and N440/441. Amy has assisted in the revision of curriculum, concept development, simulation creation and implementation, laboratory skills creation and implementation, test writing, clinical learning activities, and interprofessional learning activity creation and implementation.
Maternal/Child Health, Med/Surg Nursing, Concept Curriculum, and Interdisciplinary/Interprofessional Development
Concept Curriculum, Civility, Professional Development of the Nursing Student, Clinical Learning Activities, Interactive student learning in the classroom, Interdisciplinary/Interprofessional Learning within nursing curriculum.
- MS, Nursing, University of Phoenix, 2006
Licensures and Certifications:
- Certified Nurse Educator, NLN
- Registered Nurse, South Dakota Board of Nursing
Citations listed below are presented in a standardized, modified format for display purposes only. They do not necessarily reflect the preferred style and conventions of the faculty member or discipline.
- Ray, Annette, Hunsley, Amy, Koenecke, Lori, and Feller, Lisa. Low-fidelity simulation: Care of the post-CABG patient. QSEN.org..
- Feller, Lisa, Hunsley, Amy, Ray, Annette, and Lucia, Schliessmann M.. Rural South Dakota: The power of education and care delivery partnership. Edited by Susan G. Slater, 40-43. Vol. 18, Iss. 1. Thousands Oaks, California: Home Healthcare Management and Practice, 2005.
Awards and Honors:
- Nursing Excellence Award Excellence in Clinical Teaching, University of South Dakota Department of Nursing, 2017
- Excellence in Service Award, USD Nursing, 2015
- Ray, Annette, Hunsley, Amy, Varty, Gayle. Building Innovative Quality Patient-Centered Care with Simulation. Presented at the Simulation in Healthcare: Where No One has Gone Before, Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. (March 25, 2010)
- Koenecke, Lori, Hunsley, Amy, Ray, Annette. Innovative Simulation Strategies in a Rural Setting. Presented at the Simulation in Healthcare: Where No One has Gone Before, Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. (March 25, 2010)
- Hunsley, Amy, Koenecke, Lori. Give Us One Good Reason Why Simulation Cannot Be Incorporated Into Your Curriculum?. Presented at the Midwest Nurse Educator's Academy, Grand Forks, ND. (May 18, 2009)
- Hunsley, Amy, Ray, Annette. Promoting Health Through Mutually Valuable Partnerships. Presented at the International Nurse Educators Conference in the Rockies, Breckenridge, Colorado. (July 20, 2007)