BEACOM SCHOOL OF BUSINESS
Beacom Hall 218
Phone: (605) 658-6549
Business Analytics: Novel applications of text mining techniques on classically categorized qualitative topics, creation of methodology for subtopic specification within Latent Semantic Analysis, and isolating the context between singular value decomposition and human categorical taxonomy. Extensions include the Integration of Latent Semantic Analysis and Machine Learning techniques for topic classification and data modeling. Logistics and Supply Chain Management: Supply Chain network model analysis and simulation, logistics service quality and the underlying impact on customer satisfaction, and stochastic transportation optimization for disaster planning. Methodological interests include the application of next generation analytic techniques to performance based logistics and customer modal decision making. Development of Statistical Methodology: Development of the fundamental methodology for the application of established univariate and multivariate techniques within the next generation statistical analysis platforms. Introduction of additional nonparametric methods into structural equation modeling. Formulation of traditional regression methods and diagnostics in Partial Least Squares Structural Equation Modeling.
- Ph D, Management Science, University of North Texas, 2016
- MBA, Decision Technology, University of North Texas, 2011
- DBA, Decision Science, University of North Texas, 2009
- Antecedents & Consequences of Patient Education: The Impact of Patient Engagement, Medication Adherence, Cost-Benefit and Chronic Condition Management"., Sanford Research
- Minnehaha County Facility Evaluation and Planning Recommendations, Minnehaha County Commision. (2016 - 2017)
Citations listed below are presented in a standardized, modified format for display purposes only. They do not necessarily reflect the preferred style and conventions of the faculty member or discipline.
- Hanus, Bartlomiej, and George, Benjamin. Trust-Based Content Filtering: Investigating the Association between Assurance Seals, Source Expertise, and Topics of Online Product Reviews. SIGSEC WISP2019: PreICIS Workshop on Information Security and Privacy / AIS, 2019.
- George, Benjamin, Hanus, Bartlomiej, and Scott, Rebecca. Investigating the Dynamics of Quality Management Theory Evolution Through Text Analytics. INFORMS Annual Meeting 2019, 2019.
- Jiaming, Fang, Lei, Chen, Wang, Xiaoyaun, and George, Benjamin. Not All Posts are Treated Equal: An Empirical Investigation of Post Replying Behavior in An Online Travel Community. Information and Management, 2018.
- Hutchinson, Paul, Daigel, Ronald, and George, Benjamin. Application of latent semantic analysis in AIS academic research. Elisevier: International Journal of Accounting Information Systems, 2018.
- South-Winter, Carole A., George, Benjamin, and Dag, Ali. The Impact of Cultural Perception on the Individual Health Care Consumer: A Comparison of Germany and United States, 252-258. Vol. 2018, Iss. 3. Nagpur, MH: EUROPEAN JOURNAL OF PHARMACEUTICAL AND MEDICAL RESEARCH , 2018.
- Hutchinson, Paul, Plummer, Elizabeth, and George, Benjamin. Latent Semantic Analysis: A Big Data Opportunity for Tax Research. The Contemporary Tax Journal, 2018.
- George, Benjamin, Tracy, Dan, and Martin, Tom. Minnehaha County Facility Evaluation and Planning Recommendations, 75..
- Scott, Rebecca, George, Benjamin, and Prybutok, Victor. "A Public Transportation Decision-making Model within a Metropolitan Area, 1048-1072. Vol. 47, Iss. 6. Decision Sciences, 2016. (DOI: 10.1111/deci.12203)
- Fang, Jiaming, George, Benjamin, Shao, Yunfei, and Wen, Chao. Affective and cognitive factors influencing repeat buying in e-commerce, 44-55. Vol. 19. Electronic Commerce Research and Applications, 2016.
- Fang, Jiaming, Wen, Chao, Prybutok, Victor, and George, Benjamin. Consumer heterogeneity, perceived value, and repurchase decision-making in online shopping: the role of gender, age, and shopping motives, 116-131. Vol. 17, Iss. 2. Journal of Electronic Commerce Research, 2016.
- George, Benjamin, and Prybutok, Victor. Development of a Polar Extreme Method for use in Partial Least Squares SEM. Quality and Quantity, 2014. (DOI: 10.1007/s11135-014-0004-0)
- Scot, Rebecca, and George, Benjamin. Evaluating the Service Standards of Callbacks in Healthcare. International Journal of Services and Standards, 2014.
- Qin, Hong, Ken, Boonme, George, Benjamin, and Prybutok, Victor. The Moderating Effect of Gender in Urgent Care Service Satisfaction. Quality Management Journal.
Awards and Honors:
- Top-paper for the Communication and Law Division, 102nd Annual Meeting of the National Communication Association, 2016
- George, Benjamin, Hanus, Bartlomiej, Scott, Rebecca. Exploring the Underlying Elements of Quality Management Theory through Text-Topic Modeling. Presented at the DSI Annual Conference, New Orleans, LA. (November 2019)
- Hanus, Bartlomiej, George, Benjamin, Tiahrt, Thomas. Trust in Online Reviews: Do Assurance Seals and Reviewer Competence Make a Difference?. Presented at the DSI Annual Conference, New Orleans, LA. (November 2019)
- George, Benjamin, Hanus, Bartlomiej, Scott, Rebecca. Sentiment in Action: Can Service Quality Make a Positive Difference?. Presented at the 2018 Annual Meeting of the Decision Sciences Institute, Chicago, IL. (November 19, 2018)
- George, Benjamin, Hanus, Bartlomiej. Uncovering Service Quality's Impact upon Ecommerce through the Mining Electronic Word of Mouth Reviews. Presented at the INFORMS 13th Data Mining and Decision Analytics (DMDA) Workshop, Phoenix, AZ. (November 3, 2018)
- George, Benjamin, Scott, Rebecca, Prybutok, Victor. The Use of Latent Semantic Analysis as a Basis for Exploratory Behavioral Modeling - A Mixed Method Approach for Model Development.. Presented at the 48th Annual Meeting of the Decision Science Institute, Washington D.C.. (November 2017)
- George, Benjamin, Tracy, Dan, Martin, Tom. Minnehaha County Facility Evaluation and Planning Recommendations.
- George, Benjamin. Textual Clustering within Logistics and Supply Chain Management Academic Publications. Presented at the Beacom Scholar Series. (March 29, 2017)
- George, Benjamin. "Settling in as First Year Faculty: The Balancing Act between Work, Research, and Home". Presented at the 48th Annual Meeting of the Southwest Decision Sciences Institute, Little Rock, AR. (March 10, 2017)
- Serapin, Susan, Morris, Pamela, George, Benjamin, Vo, Ngoc. Real People Don't Read Standard-Form Contracts: Contract Law's Duty to Read and Predicting Users' Intentions to Read Online Click-Through Agreements. Presented at the 102nd Annual Meeting of the National Communication Association, Philadelphia, PA. (November 2016)
- George, Benjamin, Scott, Rebecca. Textual Hierarchal Clustering within LSCM Academic Publications. Presented at the 47th Annual Meeting of the Decision Science Institute, Austin, Texas. (November 2016)