Graduated summa cum laude from Ashland University with a BS in Geology and Comp. Science.
Master's degree in Curriculum and Instruction: Physics Education from the University
of Houston and a Ph.D. in Curriculum and Instruction: Physics Education from Texas
A&M University. Experience in teaching physics at all levels, geology, physical sciences,
computer methods, technology in the lab and online.
Science education (physics education), curriculum, strategies and methodologies for
teaching science, safety in the science lab and teaching with technology. Integrating
STEM into the sciences with education.
Teaching science with technology. Setting and meeting high standards and best practices
in STEM teaching, history of teaching science in public schools. Safety in the science
classroom, lab and field.
Citations listed below are presented in a standardized, modified format for
display purposes only. They do not necessarily reflect the preferred style and conventions
of the faculty member or discipline.
- Shonting, David, Ezrailson, Cathy, and . Chicxulub: The Impact and Tsunami: The Story of the Largest Known Asteroid to Hit
the Earth. Edited by Ron Doering, 149. Vol. 1. Springer Praxis, 2017.
- Ezrailson, Cathy. A CONCORDANCE OF SCIENCE EDUCATION THEMES IN THE SDAS PROCEEDINGS: THE FIRST HUNDRED
YEARS. Edited by Dr. Robert Tatina, 19-27. Vol. 94. Brooking, SD: Proceedings of the South Dakota Academy of Science, 2015.
- Amolins, M W., Ezrailson, Cathy, Pearce, D A., Elliot, A J., Vitello, P F., and . Evaluating the effectiveness of a laboratory-based professional development program
for science educators., 41-51. Vol. 39, Iss. 4. ADV Physiological Education, 2015. (DOI: 10.1152/advan.00088.2015.)
- Ezrailson, Cathy. SAFETY ON SITE: DEVELOPING A SCIENCE LAB SAFETY PROTOCOL FOR SCHOOLS. Edited by Robert Tatina, 10. Vol. 93, Iss. 177-186. South Dakota: South Dakota Academy of Sciences, 2014.
- Ezrailson, Cathy. Danger in the School Science Lab: Are Students at Risk?. Edited by Dr. Robert Tatina, 146-164. Vol. 92, Iss. 1. South Dakota: South Dakota Academy of Science, 2013.
- Ezrailson, Cathy. PUBLIC SCHOOL SCIENCE CURRICULUM IN CONTEXT: THE IMPACT OF STANDARD REFORMS DURING
THE LAST TWO HUNDRED YEARS. Edited by Robert Tatina, 11. Iss. 91. Vermillion: South Dakota Academy of Science , 2012.
- Ezrailson, Cathy. The Physics Front Digital Library Collection. In ComPADRE. Bethesda, MD: American Association of Physics Teachers, National Science Digital Library, American
Physical Society, The National Science Foundation,, 2012.
- Hagevik, Rita, Veal, William, Brownstein, Erica M., Allan, Elizabeth, Ezrailson, Cathy, and Shane, Joseph. Pedagogical Content Knowledge and the 2003 Science Teacher Preparation Standards for
NCATE Accreditation or State Approval, 7-12. Vol. 21, Iss. 1. Springer Link, 2010.
- Allen, Elizabeth M., Shane, Joseph M., Brownstein, Erica M., Ezrailson, Cathy, Hagevik, Rita M., and Veal, William M.. Using Performance-based Assessments to Prepare Safe Science Teachers, 495-500, . Vol. 20, Iss. 6. Springer Link, 2009.
- Ezrailson, Cathy, and Loving, Cathleen C.. EMIT: EXPLICIT MODELING OF INTERACTIVE-ENGAGEMENT TECHNIQUES: For Physics Graduate
Teaching Assistants and the Impact on Instruction and Student Performance in Calculus-Based
Physics. Edited by VDM, 168. Iss. 3639178831, 9783639178838. Dudweiler Landstr. 99 66123 Saarbrücken : VDM Verlag, 2009.
- Brownstein, Erica M., Allen, Elizabeth, Ezrailson, Cathy, Hagevik, Rita, Shane, Joseph, and Veal, William. Alignment of the 2003 NSTA Standards for Science Teacher Preparation with the NCATE
Assessment System, 403-413. Vol. 20. Journal of Science Teacher Education, 2009.
- Ezrailson, Cathy. Progressions for Science Literacy: The Science Story Book Project. Edited by Maureen Richardson, 5. South Dakota Reading Council Journal, 2008.
- Ezrailson, Cathy. How Using The Physics Front Digital Library Can Support Best Practices in Science, 4. Vol. 11, Iss. 2. Raleigh, NC: North Carolina State University, 2008.
- Ezrailson, Cathy. Snapshot of the Physics Front. Edited by Thomas Rossing, 2. American Physical Society: Forum on Education, 2007.
- Ezrailson, Cathy, Zike, Dinah, and Zorn, Margaret. Electricity and Magnetism. McGraw/Hill: National Geographic Edition, 2007.
- Ezrailson, Cathy, Hainen, Nicolas, Zorn, Dinah, and . Waves, Sound and Light. McGraw/Hill: National Geographic Edition, 2007.
- Ezrailson, Cathy. Introduction to Physical Science, 750. New York, NY: Glencoe/McGraw-Hill, National Geographic Society, 2007.
- Ezrailson, Cathy, Loving, Cathleen C., and Allen, Donald. Analyzing Dynamic Pendulum Motion in an Interactive Online Environment Using Flash. In The Pendulum, Part 5, edited by Michael Matthews, 413-433. Vol. 5..
- Ezrailson, Cathy. Introduction to Physical Science, 751. New York, NY: Glencoe/McGraw-Hill, National Geographic Society, 2005.