Daniel B. Hajovsky, Ph.D., is an Assistant Professor and Program Director of School
Psychology at the University of South Dakota.
Intelligence, Psychoeducational Assessment, Clinic Practicum, Educational Measurement,
Confirmatory Factor Analysis, Longitudinal Modeling, Human Cognitive Abilities, Academic
Achievement, Social Dyadic Influences, Psychoeducational Assessment
Citations listed below are presented in a standardized, modified format for
display purposes only. They do not necessarily reflect the preferred style and conventions
of the faculty member or discipline.
- Hajovsky, Daniel, Villeneuve, Ethan, Mason, Ben, and De Jong, David. A Quantile Regression Analysis of Cognitive Ability and Spelling Predictors of Written
Expression: Evidence of Gender, Age, and Skill Level Moderation, 291-315. Vol. 47, Iss. 3. School Psychology Review, 2018. (DOI: DOI: 10.17105/SPR-2017-0110.V47-3)
- Hajovsky, Daniel B., Villeneuve, Ethan F., Mason, Benjamin A., and De Jong, David A.. A quantile regression analysis of cognitive ability and spelling predictors of written
expression: Evidence of gender, age, and skill level moderation. School Psychology Review, 2018.
- Villeneuve, Ethan F., Hajovsky, Daniel B., Mason, Benjamin A., and Lewno, Brittany M.. Cognitive ability and math computation developmental effects on math-problem solving:
An integrated, multi-group approach. School Psychology Quarterly, 2018.
- Hajovsky, Daniel B., Villeneuve, Ethan F., Reynolds, Matthew R., Niileksela, Christopher R., Mason, Benjamin A., and Shudak, Nicholas J.. Cognitive ability influences on written expression: Evidence for developmental and
sex-based differences in school-age children, 104-118. Vol. 67. Journal of School Psychology, 2018. (DOI: doi.org/10.1016/j.jsp.2017.09.001)
- Hajovsky, Daniel B., and Reynolds, Matthew R.. Prior individual risk behavior predicts subsequent individual and peer risk behavior:
A longitudinal examination from fifth to ninth grade. Canadian Journal of School Psychology, 2018.
- Hajovsky, Daniel B., Mason, Benjamin A., and McCune, Luke A.. Teacher-student relationship quality and academic achievement in elementary school:
A longitudinal examination of gender differences., 119-133. Vol. 63, Iss. 4. Journal of School Psychology, 2017. (DOI: doi.org/10.1016/j.jsp.2017.04.001)
- Mason, Benjamin A., Hajovsky, Daniel B., McCune, Luke A., and Turek, Joshua J.. Conflict, closeness, and academic skills: A longitudinal examination of the teacher-student
relationship., 177-189. Vol. 46, Iss. 2. School Psychology Review, 2017. (DOI: doi.org/10.17105/SPR-2017-0020.V46-2)
- Reynolds, Matthew R., Hajovsky, Daniel B., Pace, Jesse R., and Niileksela, Christopher R.. What does the Shipley-2 measure for children and adolescents? Integrated and conjoint
confirmatory factor analysis with the WISC-V., 23-41. Vol. 23, Iss. 1. Assessment, 2016. (DOI: 10.1177/1073191115572695)
- Reynolds, Matthew R., Scheiber, Caroline, Hajovsky, Daniel B., Schwartz, Bryanna, Kaufman, Alan S., and . Gender differences in academic achievement: Is writing an exception to the gender
similarities hypothesis?, 211-234. Vol. 176, Iss. 4. Journal of Genetic Psychology, 2015. (DOI: 10.1080/00221325.2015.1036833)
- Scheiber, Caroline, Reynolds, Matthew R., Hajovsky, Daniel B., and Kaufman, Alan S.. Evidence of gender differences in achievement in a large, nationally representative
sample of children and adolescents., 335-348. Vol. 52, Iss. 4. Psychology in the Schools, 2015. (DOI: 10.1002/pits.21827)
- Hajovsky, Daniel, Reynolds, Matthew R., Floyd, Randy G., Turek, Joshua J., and Keith, Timothy Z.. A multigroup investigation of latent cognitive abilities and reading achievement relations, 385-406. Vol. 43, Iss. 4. School Psychology Review, 2014. (DOI: dx.doi.org/10.17105/SPR-13-0060.1)
- Reynolds, Matthew R., Hajovsky, Daniel B., Niileksela, Christopher R., and Keith, Timothy Z.. Spearman's law of diminishing returns and the DAS-II: Do g effects on subtest scores
depend on the level of g, 275-289. Vol. 26, Iss. 4. School Psychology Quarterly , 2011. (DOI: dx.doi.org/10.1037/a0026190)