I am thrilled to serve at USD and hope to share my experiences as a teacher, principal,
superintendent, graduate student, adjunct professor, fundraiser, volunteer, baseball
umpire and coach locally, statewide, regionally, nationally, and internationally.
- School District Administration
- School Community Relations
- Theories of Educational Administration
- Educational Leadership Simulations
- Multicultural Seminar
- Seminar in Educational Leadership
- Human Resource Management
My research agenda includes Educational Leadership, Innovations in PreK-12 Education,
Mentoring, and Innovations in Technology for Teaching in PreK-20 Education.
Citations listed below are presented in a standardized, modified format for
display purposes only. They do not necessarily reflect the preferred style and conventions
of the faculty member or discipline.
- Villeneuve, Ethan, Mason, Ben, and De Jong, David. A Quantile Regression Analysis of Cognitive Ability and Spelling Predictors of Written
Expression: Evidence of Gender, Age, and Skill Level Moderation, 291-315. Vol. 47, Iss. 3. School Psychology Review, 2018. (DOI: DOI: 10.17105/SPR-2017-0110.V47-3)
- Yates, Shawn, and De Jong, David. Factors Influencing Rural Superintendent Tenure in a Midwestern State. Edited by Dr. Kennith Mitchell, 20. Vol. 15, Iss. 2. Purchase, NY: AASA Journal of Scholarship & Practice, 2018.
- De Jong, David, and Campoli, Ayana. Curricular Coaches' Impact on Retention for Early-Career Elementary Teachers in the
United States: Implications for Urban Schools. Vol. 2. International Journal of Mentoring and Coaching in Education, 2018. (DOI: https://doi.org/10.1108/IJMCE-09-2017-0064)
- De Jong, David, and Grundmeyer, Trent. Educational Leadership Simulations: Learning lessons from behind the curtain of educational
leadership. In International Journal of Educational Leadership Preparation (IJELP), 1-12. Vol. 13, Iss. 1. N/A: National Council of Professors in Educational Administration (NCPEA), 2018.
- Bartholomew, Mitch, and De Jong, David. Barriers to Implementing the Response to Intervention Framework in Secondary Schools:
Interviews with Secondary Principals. Edited by Dr. Pamela Salazaar, 1-17. Las Vegas, NV: National Association of Secondary School Principals (NASSP), 2017. (DOI: https://doi.org/10.1177/0192636517743788 )
- Webner, Steven, De Jong, David, Baron, Mark, and Campoli, Ayana. Public School Board Presidents' and Superintendents' Perceptions of the Characteristics
of Effective Superintendents in a Midwestern State. Iss. 27.6. Served on Dr. Webner's committee, led the process of converting dissertation
to manuscript and then corresponded with editors. Cedar Falls, Iowa: Journal of School Leadership, 2017.
- De Jong, David, and von Fischer, Paul. The Relationship Between Teacher Perception of Principal Servant Leadership Behavior
and Teacher Job Satisfaction in a Midwest State. Edited by Dr. Phill Bryant. Columbus, Georgia: Servant Leadership: Theory & Practice, 2017.
- De Jong, David, Grundmeyer, Trent, and Chad, Anderson. Comparative Study of Elementary and Secondary Teacher Perceptions of Mobile Technology
in Classrooms. Edited by Dr. David Parsons, 12-33. Vol. Led the process of converting dissertation to manuscript and then corresponded with
editors, Iss. 10(3). Unitec: International Journal of Mobile and Blended Learning, 2017. (DOI: https://doi.org/10.4018/ijmbl.2018010102 )
- De Jong, David, Grundmeyer, Trent, and Yankey, Julie. Identifying and Addressing Themes of Job Dissatisfaction for Secondary Principals. Edited by Alma Harris - University of Bath, UK Michelle Jones - University of Bath, UK, 18. Vol. 37, Iss. 4. Led the process of major revisions and then corresponded with editors). London: School Leadership & Management, 2017. (DOI: 10.1080/13632434.2017.1338253)
- De Jong, David, Curtin, Susan, Robinson, Derrick, Johnson, Stephen, Schaap, Ben, and Card, Karen. Division of Educational Leadership: Completed Dissertation Research Impacting the
Midwest, 13. Vol. 1, Iss. May 2017. Vermillion, South Dakota: University of South Dakota School of Education, 2017.
- Gough, Evan, De Jong, David A., Grundmeyer, Trent, and Baron, Mark. K-12 Teacher Perceptions Regarding the Flipped Classroom Model for Teaching and Learning. Edited by Thomas T. Liao, pp. 390-423. Vol. Volume 45, Iss. Issue 3. SAGE Publishing: Journal of Educational Technology Systems (ETS), 2017. (DOI: 10.1177/0047239516658444)
- Lefdal, Joey, and De Jong, David. Superintendent Stress: Identifying the Causes and Learning to Cope. Edited by Dr. Kennith Mitchell. Purchase, NY: AASA Journal of Scholarship & Practice.
- Mourlam, Daniel, De Jong, David, Shudak, Nicholas J., and Baron, Mark. A phenomenological case study of teacher candidate experiences during a yearlong teacher
residency program. The Teacher Educator.
- Lehmann, Erin, De Jong, David, and Baron, Mark. Investigating the Relationship of Standards-Based Grades vs. Traditional-Based Grades
to Results of the Scholastic Math Inventory at the Middle School Level. Edited by Dr. Jafeth Sanchez. Education Leadership Review of Doctoral Research (ELRDR).