I have been an elementary, middle school and high school principal in Utah and South Dakota.
Educational Leadership, Equity Oriented Leadership, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion, Project-Based Learning, Culture and Change
Educational Leadership, Equity Oriented Leadership, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion, Project-Based Learning, Culture, and Systemic Change
- EDD, Educational Leadership, University of South Dakota, 1999
- MA, School Counseling, South Dakota State University, 1978
- BS, Education, Psychology and Adolescent Development, Huron College, 1971
Licensures and Certifications:
- Advanced Professional, South Dakota Department of Education
Citations listed below are presented in a standardized, modified format for display purposes only. They do not necessarily reflect the preferred style and conventions of the faculty member or discipline.
- , Erik P., De Jong, David, Robinson, Derrick, Chesnut, Steven, and Messick, Diana. Leadership Traits of Superintendents in Midwestern Rural Districts: BOE Presidents & Superintendent Perceptions. Edited by Dr. Kennith Mitchell. Purchase, New York: AASA Journal of Scholarship and Practice.
- Messick, Diana. Implementing Project Based Learning in the Classroom.