Drew Pickett (Ph.D., Texas A&M University) is an Assistant Professor of Sport Management
at the University of South Dakota. His research interests are generally related to
organizational behavior, with an emphasis on management strategies for creating more
inclusive sport and physical activity spaces.
Sport Management; Diversity & Inclusion; Organizational Behavior; Budgeting & Finance;
Legal Aspects of Sport Management
Organizational Behavior in Sport; Diversity & Inclusion; Physical Activity for Health
and Wellness; Sport Marketing; Statistics/ Quantitative Methods
Citations listed below are presented in a standardized, modified format for
display purposes only. They do not necessarily reflect the preferred style and conventions
of the faculty member or discipline.
- Pickett, Andrew, and Brison, Natasha T.. Lose like a man: Body image and celebrity endorsement effects of weight loss product
purchase intentions. International Journal of Advertising, 2019. (DOI: 10.1080/02650487.2019.1586208)
- Pickett, Andrew, and Cunningham, George B.. Body weight stigma in physical activity settings, 21-29. Vol. 33, Iss. 1. American Journal of Health Studies, 2018.
- Kwon, Mizzo, Pickett, Andrew, Lee, Yunsoo, and Lee, Seungjong. Neighborhood Physical Environments, Recreational Wellbeing, and Psychological Health. Applied Research in Quality of Life, 2018. (DOI: 10.1007/s11482-018-9591-6)
- Pickett, Andrew, and Cunningham, George B.. The fat leading the thin: Relative body size, physical activity identification, and
behavioral intentions, 1-12. Vol. 10, Iss. 1. Urbana, IL: Journal of Applied Sport Management, 2018. (DOI: 10.18666/JASM-2018-V10-I1-8290)
- Valdez, Danny, Pickett, Andrew, and Goodson, Patricia. Topic Modeling: Latent Semantic Analysis for the Social Sciences. Norman, OK: Social Science Quarterly, 2018. (DOI: 10.1111/ssqu.12528)
- Cunningham, George B., and Pickett, Andrew. Trans Prejudice in Sport: Differences from LGB Prejudice, the Influence of Gender,
and Changes over Time, 220-227. Vol. 78, Iss. 3-4. Sex Roles, 2018. (DOI: 10.1007/s11199-017-0791-6)
- Pickett, Andrew, Valdez, Danny, and Barry, Adam E.. Psychometrics matter in Health Behavior: A long-term reliability generalization study., 544-552. Vol. 45, Iss. 5. American Journal of Health Behavior, 2017. (DOI: 10.5993/AJHB.41.5.3)
- Pickett, Andrew, and Cunningham, George B.. Creating inclusive physical activity spaces: The case of body positive yoga., 329-338. Vol. 88, Iss. 3. Research Quarterly for Exercise and Sport, 2017. (DOI: 10.1080/02701367.2017.1335851)
- Pickett, Andrew, and Cunningham, George B.. Physical Activity for Every Body: A Conceptual Model for Creating Body Diverse Exercise
Spaces, 19-36. Vol. 69, Iss. 1. Quest, 2017. (DOI: 10.1080/00336297.2016.1145129)
- Smith, Natalie, Cohen, Adam, and Pickett, Andrew. Exploring the motivations and outcomes of long-term international sport-for-development
volunteering for American Millennials., 299-316. Vol. 19, Iss. 3-4. Journal of Sport & Tourism, 2016. (DOI: 10.1080/14775085.2016.1143865)
- Pickett, Andrew, Goldsmith, Andrew G., Damon, Zack J., and Walker, Matthew. The Influence of Sense of Community on the Perceived Value of Physical Activity: A
Cross- Context Analysis, 199-214. Vol. 38, Iss. 3. Leisure Sciences, 2016. (DOI: 10.1080/01490400.2015.1090360)
- Cunningham, George B., Pickett, Andrew, Melton, E. Nicole, Lee, Woojun, and Miner, Kathi. Free to be me: Psychological safety and expression of sexual orientation personal
identity. In Routledge handbook of sport, gender and sexuality, edited by J. Hagreaves & E. Anderson, 406-415. New York, NY: Routledge, 2014.