Dr. Popova has taught French, Spanish, and ESL at various levels. She also has a certificate
in Race and Social Policy, and a heavy pedagogical focus on multicultural education
English as a Second Language Education
Culturally Responsive Pedagogy
Foundations of Education
Critical Qualitative Research Methods
Sociocultural contexts of education
Indigenous and Endarkened Methodologies,
Caribbean studies in education,
Intersections of privilege, power, and social justice.
Citations listed below are presented in a standardized, modified format for
display purposes only. They do not necessarily reflect the preferred style and conventions
of the faculty member or discipline.
- Conrad, Dennis, Carrington-Blades, Elna, and Popova, Dyanis. Exploring the Transition into Hybrid and Online College Teaching through Collaborative
Self-study.. In Caribbean Discourse in Inclusive Education: Historical and Contemporary Issues, 159-183. Information Age, 2017.
- Popova, Dyanis. You Know Who is Me? Cultural Identity and Pluralism in Education. In Caribbean Discourses in Inclusive Education: Historical and Contemporary Issues., edited by S. Blackman & D. A. Conrad. Charlotte, NC: Information Age, 2017.
- Popova, Dyanis. Decolonization of the self: Reflection and reflexivity.. In Re-telling Our Stories: Critical Autoethnographic Narratives.. Sense, 2016.
- Popova, Dyanis. Metamorphosis: A journey through grief.. In Re-telling Our Stories: Critical Autoethnographic Narratives., edited by Gresilda Tilley-Lubbs, Silvia Benard Calva. Sense, 2016.
- Popova, Dyanis. 'Watch what yuh sayin!': The power of language.. In Re-telling Our Stories: Critical Autoethnographic Narratives., edited by Gresilda Tilley-Lubbs, Silvia Benard Calva. Sense, 2016.
- Popova, Dyanis. Culturally and Linguistically Diverse. In Encyclopedia of Diversity and Social Justice, edited by Sherman Thompson, 201. Lanham, MD: Rowman & Littlefield, 2015.
- McCloud, Jennifer, Tilley-Lubbs, Gresilda A., Chang, Rong, Popova, Dyanis, Smart-Smith, Pamela, Farmer, Sandra, and Meyer, Fairchild. Curricular Change: At the Vortex, 4-21. Vol. 8, Iss. 1. Creative Approaches to Research, 2015.
- Popova, Dyanis, Conrad, Dennis A., Philip, Lisa J., Conrad, Deborah J., and Mohammed, A. Recollections and representations of Folk in the Classroom: Teacher Perspectives, 49-78. Vol. 23. Caribbean Curriculum, 2015.
- Conrad, Dennis A., Forteau-Jaikaransingh, Beulah, and Popova, Dyanis. Poetry to Rapso: Localized Narrative in the Classroom, 1-31. Vol. 20. Caribbean Curriculum, 2013.
- Campoli, Ayana, and Popova, Dyanis. Connections Matter: A Quantitative Analysis of Working Conditions, Interpersonal Relationships,
and the Career Decisions of Black Female Teachers. In Black Female Teachers: Diversifying the United States' Teacher Workforce. Emerald Group Publishing.
- Conrad, Dennis A., Brown, Launcelot, Philip, Lisa M., Bentley, J, and Popova, Dyanis. Calypso Pedagogy as an Agent of Educational Transformation. In Transforming Learning: International Perspectives Vol.1. Cambridge, edited by B. Ogunkola & S. N. J. Blackman. Cambridge: Cambridge Press.