MEDIA AND JOURNALISM
Al Neuharth Media Center
Phone: (605) 677-5477
I have been at USD since 1987 as a coach, designer and educator and enjoy the lifestyle of Vermillion and the USD campus.
I enjoy working with students and exploring the imaging and graphical side of media. All sports related issues dealing with public relations and media interactions.
My research interests are seeing how images work in the media sport marketing changes with digital media.
- Ed.S, Technology for Education & Training , University of South Dakota, 2000
- MS, Sports Management, United States Sports Academy, 1984
- BA, Recreation Administration, Lakeland College, 1983
Awards and Honors:
- Nominee for the Belbas-Larson Award for Excellence in Teaching, USD, 2020
- Outstanding Course Design, National University Continuing Education Association, 2003
- Special Award of Merit, South Dakota Board of Regents, 2003
- Technology for Training & Development Award, University of South Dakota, 1999
- Larson, Gary. Creating Audio/Video Podcasts. Presented at the Technology In Education Conference, Sioux Falls, SD. (April 12, 2006)
- Larson, Gary. Using flash in Web CT. Presented at the Stop Surfing and Start Teaching Conference, Las Vegas, NV. (October 15, 2003)
- Larson, Gary. Innovations in Nursing Instruction. Presented at the Web CT User Internation Conference, Boston, MA. (April 22, 2002)
- Larson, Gary. Faculty Development and Incentives. Presented at the Syllabus International Conference, San Juan, Puerto Rico. (April 10, 2000)