Phone: (605) 677-5229
Jillian Linster is the author of "The Physician and His Servant in the Croxton _Play of the Sacrament_" published _Early Theatre_ in December 2017. Her current book project tells the story of Helkiah Crooke's _Mikrokosmographia_, the first comprehensive anatomy manual published in English.
Composition; literature; rhetoric; professional writing
Early modern British literature; history of medicine; educational development; adaptive teaching; online pedagogy
- Ph D, English literature, University of Iowa, 2017
- Graduate Certificate, Book Studies, University of Iowa, 2014
- MA, English literature, University of South Dakota, 2011
- BA, English, Northwest Nazarene University, 2001
- Teaching and Learning Grant, Center for Teaching and Learning. Grant Role: Principal. (2020 - 2020)
- Open Textbook Fellowship, Center for Teaching & Learning (CTL). (2019 - 2019)
- Teaching and Learning Grant, Center for Teaching & Learning (CTL). Grant Role: Principal. (2018 - 2018)
- Open Textbook Fellowship - Implementation, Center for Teaching & Learning (CTL). (2019)
Citations listed below are presented in a standardized, modified format for display purposes only. They do not necessarily reflect the preferred style and conventions of the faculty member or discipline.
- Linster, Jillian. Helkiah Crooke, /Mikrokosmographia/ (1615). In Eating in Early Modern England: A Critical Anthology, edited by David B. Goldstein and Victoria Yeoman. Routledge, 2020.
- Linster, Jillian. "Ye Lovers of Physick, come lend me your Ear": Dangerous Doctors in Early Modern London. Edited by Andrew J. Fleck, 157-179. Vol. 44, Iss. 2. Leiden: Explorations in Renaissance Culture (Brill), 2018. (DOI: 10.1163/23526963-04402002)
- Linster, Jillian. The Physician and His Servant in the Croxton "Play of the Sacrament". Edited by Helen Ostovich and Melinda J. Gough, 31-48. Vol. 20 , Iss. 2. Hamilton, ON: Early Theatre, 2017. (DOI: 10.12745/et.20.2.3028)
- Linster, Jillian. A Review of /The Medical Imagination: Literature and Health in the Early United States/. Edited by Blaine Greteman. Iowa City, IA: Philological Quarterly.
Awards and Honors:
- Monsignor James M. Doyle Humanities Teaching Award, College of Arts & Sciences, University of South Dakota, 2020
- Albert Fields Award, South-Central Renaissance Conference, 2019
- Linster, Jillian, Farabee, Darlene. Scholars in Conversation: Shakespeare's /Twelfth Night/. Presented at the South Dakota Shakespeare Festival, Prentis Park, Vermillion, SD. (June 19, 2021)
- Linster, Jillian, Newman, Harry. Panel, "Books and Bodies in Early Modernity". Presented at the RSA 2019, Toronto, Canada. (March 2019)
- Linster, Jillian. "A matter much affected by mee": William Jaggard's Medical Agenda. Presented at the RSA 2019, Toronto, Canada. (March 2019)