Vocabulary development, early literacy development, teacher education
Citations listed below are presented in a standardized, modified format for
display purposes only. They do not necessarily reflect the preferred style and conventions
of the faculty member or discipline.
- Kindle, Karen, Shudak, Nicholas, Wiebers, Robin, Campoli, Ayana, Baron, Mark, and EastonBrooks, Donald. Teacher Residency in South Dakota, 1-17. Vermillion, SD: University of South Dakota: Center for Educational Research, 2016.
- Kindle, Karen, and . Expert student to novice teacher: Shifting identities in urban teacher preparation, 27-39. Vol. 1, Iss. 1. READ: An Online Journal for Literacy Educators, 2015.
- Bodensteiner, Lacey, and Kindle, Karen. Beyond borders: A partnership to promote independent reading, 32-44. Vol. 43, Iss. 1. The ALAN Review, 2015.
- Kindle, Karen. Selecting Words for Instruction during Read-alouds, 48-79. Vol. 54, Iss. 1. Reading Horizons, 2015.
- Schmidt, Cynthia M., Kindle, Karen, and DeGraff, Tricia. Dialogic Inquiry Groups. In Literacy Teacher Education: Principles and Effective Practices, edited by Litt, Martin, & Place, 234-239. New York: Guilford, 2015.
- Rohs, Jovanna, Vartuli, Sue, and Kindle, Karen. Teacher Preparation with CLASS: Measuring Candidates' Across Grade Levels. Edited by Moore & McCrary, 61-67. Vol. 1, Iss. Summer 2014. Current Issues and Best Practices in Early Childhood Education, 2014.
- Tisher, Keri, and Kindle, Karen. Embracing E-readers, 14-18. Vol. 38, Iss. 1. The Missouri Reader, 2014.
- Kindle, Karen. Interactive Reading in Preschool: Improving Practice ThroughProfessional Development, 175-188. Vol. 50, Iss. 4. Reading Improvement, 2013.
- Kindle, Karen, and Schmidt, Cynthia M.. Developing pre-service teachers: A self-study in instructor scaffolding, 83-100. Vol. 50, Iss. 3. Reading Improvement, 2013.
- Kindle, Karen. Through the Looking Glass, 23-29. Vol. 32, Iss. 1. Reading Exploration and Discovery, 2013.
- Kindle, Karen. Vocabulary Development during Read-alouds: Primary Practices. In Issues and Trends in Literacy Education, edited by Robinson, R.D., McKenna, M. & Conradi, K., 101-113. Iss. 5th. Pearson, 2012.
- Crump, Sara L., and Kindle, Karen. From famine to feast: Enriching reading instruction in secondary classrooms, 32-37. Vol. 35, Iss. 2. The Missouri Reader, 2011.
- Kindle, Karen, and Schmidt, Cynthia M.. Outside in and inside out: Using a case study to develop teacher dispositions and
identity, 133-49. Vol. 3, Iss. 3. Teacher Education Quarterly, 2011.
- Kindle, Karen. Same book, different experience: A comparison of shared reading in preschool classrooms, 13-34. Vol. 7, Iss. 1. Journal of Literacy and Literacy Education, 2011.
- Kindle, Karen. Using Read-alouds to Teach Vocabulary: Research based strategies and model lessons
for using fiction and non-fiction books to build children's vocaublary and improve
their reading, writing, and speaking skills. New York: Scholastic, 2011.
- Kindle, Karen. Teaching vocabulary during read-alouds: Examining the instructional sequence, 65-88. Vol. 14. Literacy Teaching & Learning: An International Journal of Early Reading and Writing
- Kindle, Karen. Vocabulary Development during Read-alouds: Primary Practices, 202-211. Vol. 63, Iss. 3. The Reading Teacher, 2009.
- Kindle, Karen. Review of the book Synchronizing Success: A Practical Guide to Creating a Comprehensive
Literacy System. Education REview, 2009.
- Kindle, Karen. Changing perceptions of struggling readers, 42-48. Vol. 13, Iss. 1. Academic Exchange Quarterly, 2009.
- Kindle, Karen. Expecting the AHA Moment. In Literacy Breakthroughs, edited by Susan Israel, 7-10. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass, 2009.
- Kindle, Karen. Review of the book Exceeding the Standards. Education Review, 2008.
- Kindle, Karen. Teaching vocabulary in the K-2 classroom: Easy strategies for infusing vocabulary
learning into morning meetings, centers, and more. New York: Scholastic, 2008.
- Kindle, Karen. Review of the book Interventions for Reading Success. Education Review, 2007.
- Kindle, Karen. Half-full or Half-empty: Perspective Impacts the Classroom, 24-26. Vol. 8. Reading Matters, 2007.
- Kindle, Karen. Review of the book Reading Assessment and Instruction for All Learners. Education Review, 2007.
- Kindle, Karen. Vocabulary development in the content area: Help for struggling readers. Vol. 34, Iss. 1. Texas Reading Report, 2006.
- EastonBrooks, Donald, Kindle, Karen, and Wange, Andrea. Building Partnerships with Multiple Districts: The Role of the Residency Instructor. In Creating and Sustaining Effective K-12 School Partnerships: Firsthand Accounts of
Promising Practices, 25-30..