Macroeconomics, Money and Banking, Principles of Economics
Macroeconomic labor dynamics, the economics of higher education, scholarship of teaching.
Citations listed below are presented in a standardized, modified format for
display purposes only. They do not necessarily reflect the preferred style and conventions
of the faculty member or discipline.
- Carr, David, Allgrunn, Mike, and Birkeland, Kathryn. Who Wants an iPad? An Exercise in Rationing, 1-4. Vol. 15, Iss. 1. Journal of College Teaching and Learning, 2018.
- Hulac, David, Duncan, Kelly, Nordyke, Shane, and Birkeland, Kathryn. South Dakota GEARUP Final Report..
- Birkeland, Kathryn, Weinandt, Mandie, and Carr, David. Student Outcomes in Principles: Online vs. Face-to-face Delivery. Martin, TN: Journal of Learning in Higher Education, 2015.
- Birkeland, Kathryn, and Raisanen, Samuel. State appropriations and undergraduate borrowing: more debt, less money. Applied Economics Letters, 2015.
- Birkeland, Kathryn. Revise and Resubmit: Using Exams as a Teaching Tool. Columbus, GA: Perspectives on Economic Education Research, 2015.
- Hair, Rod, and Birkeland, Kathryn. Enrollment Projections and Demographic Study for the Sioux Falls School District -
- Birkeland, Kathryn. Eating In: employment and home production during the Great Recession. Applied Economics Letters, 2014.
- Birkeland, Kathryn, Carr, David, and Lavin, Angeline. The Impact of Inflation on Endowment Assets. Edited by Dr. Russell Baker. Vol. 21. Research in Higher Education Journal, 2013.
- Birkeland, Kathryn, Giddings, Lisa, and Anderson, Donna. Is it Profitable to offer Paid Leave? A Case Study of the Legal Profession, 73-89. Vol. 16, Iss. 1. Candler, NC: Journal of Legal, Ethical and Regulatory Issues, 2013.
- Birkeland, Kathryn, and Arney, Jo. The Wisconsin Covenant: A Closer Look at Participants, Access, and Redistribution
in Higher Education, 6-16. Vol. 43, Iss. 1. State and Local Government Review, 2011.
- Birkeland, Kathryn, Brooks, Taggert, Knowles, Elizabeth, Murray, James, and Strangman, Laurie. Of Mice and Men: Using a Book Club to Improve Teaching, 3. Iss. Dec 2010. Madison, WI: Teaching Professor Newsletter, 2010.
- Birkeland, Kathryn, Anderson, Donna, and Giddings, Lisa. Employee Opinion on Work-Family Benefits: Evidence from the U.S., 26-42. Vol. 34, Iss. 3. New Zealand Journal of Employment Relations, 2009.
- Birkeland, Kathryn, and Prescott, Edward. On the Needed Quantity of Government Debt. Vol. 31, Iss. 1. Minneapolis, MN: Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis Quarterly Review, 2007.
- Birkeland, Kathryn, and Rogerson, Richard. Organizational Dynamics Over the Business Cycle: A View on Jobless Recoveries, 555-579. Vol. 87, Iss. 4. St. Louis, MO: Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis Review, 2005.