Phone: (605) 658-5968
Resident of Tabor, SD and mother of 3. Dental Hygienist: 10 years experience in private practice, corrections, long-term care, and hospital settings. Educator: 7 years clinical and didactic experience at USD.
Periodontics. Life-long learning development through First Year Experience. Mindful class time. Role play and case-based classroom/clinical immersion.
Periodontics. Long-Term Care Facilities and Hospital Outreach. Educational Strategies for Clinical Application. Motivational Interviewing.
- MS, Dental Hygiene, Eastern Washington University, 2013
- BS, Dental Hygiene, University of South Dakota, 2009
Licensures and Certifications:
- Local Anesthesia, SD Board of Dentistry
- Nitrous Oxide , SD Board of Dentistry
- Registered Dental Hygienist, South Dakota State Board of Dentistry
Citations listed below are presented in a standardized, modified format for display purposes only. They do not necessarily reflect the preferred style and conventions of the faculty member or discipline.
- Williams, Katie L., Stolberg, Rebecca, O'Kelley-Wetmore, Ann, Porter, Jeanette, Jackson, Sarah, and Van Son, Catherine. Annals of Long Term Care, 19-24. Vol. 24, Iss. 7. Annals of Long Term Care.
Awards and Honors:
- South Dakota Dental Hygienist of the Year, South Dakota Dental Hygienists' Association, 2018
- Williams, Katie. Periodontics Update 2019. Presented at the Dakota Days CE, Vermillion, SD. (October 4, 2019)
- Williams, Katie. Oral Health Education for Nursing Home Staff: Minimum Data Set 3.0.. Presented at the ADHA Annual Meeting, Boston, MA. (June 20, 2013)