BASIC BIOMEDICAL SCIENCES
Lee Medicine & Science Hall 340
Phone: (605) 658-6381
- Post-doctoral fellow, Microbiology, University of Michigan, 1989
- Ph D, Microbiology, University of Texas, 1985
- BS, Microbiology, Pennsylvania State University, 1980
- Genetic Functions of an Enterococcal R Factor, NIH. (2010 - 2014)
Citations listed below are presented in a standardized, modified format for display purposes only. They do not necessarily reflect the preferred style and conventions of the faculty member or discipline.
- Johnson, Chrisopher M., Chen, Yuqing, Lee, Heejin, Ke, Ailong, Weaver, Keith, and Dunny, Gary. Identification of a conserved branched RNA structure that functions as a factor-independent terminator, 3573-3578. Vol. 111, Iss. 9. PNAS, 2014. (DOI: 10.1073/pnas.1315374111)
- Clewell, Don B., Weaver, Keith, Dunny, Gary M., Coque, Teresa M., Francia, Maria V., and Hayes, Finbarr. Extrachromosomal and Mobile Elements in Enterococci. Transmission, Maintenance, and Epidemiology. In Enterococci: From Highly Evolved Commensals to Leading Causes of Hospital Acquired Infection, edited by Gilmore MS, Clewell DB, Ike Y, Shankar N. Washington DC: NCBI, 2014.
- Weaver, Keith. Scientists are snobs, 167-168. Vol. 495. Nature, 2013.
- Weaver, Keith. Type I Toxin-Antitoxin Loci: hok/sok and fst. In Prokaryotic Toxin-Antitoxins, edited by Kenn Gerdes, 9-26. New York: Springer, 2013. (DOI: 10.1007/978-3-642-33253-1)
- Brinkman, Cassandra l., Bumgarner, Roger, Kittichotirat, W, Dunman, Paul M., Kuechenmeister, Lisa J., and Weaver, Keith. Characterization of the Effects of an rpoC Mutation That Confers Resistance to the Fst Peptide Toxin-Antitoxin System Toxin., 156-166. Vol. 195, Iss. 1. Washington DC: Journal of Bacteriology, 2013. (DOI: doi: 10.1128/JB.01597-12)
- Weaver, Keith. The par toxin-antitoxin system from Enterococcus faecalis plasmid pAD1 and its chromosomal homologs, 1498-1503. Vol. 9, Iss. 12. RNA Biology, 2012. (DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.4161/rna.22311)
- Laverde Gomez, J A., van Schaik, W, Freitas, Anna R., Coque, Theresa M., Weaver, Keith, Francia, Maria V., Witte, W, and Werner, Guido. A multiresistance megaplasmid pLG1 bearing a hylEfm genomic island in hospital Enterococcus faecium isolates, 165-175. Vol. 301, Iss. 2. Int J Med Microbiol, 2011.
- Johnson, Christopher M., Haeming, H H., Chatterjee, A, Wei-Shou, H, Weaver, Keith, and Dunny, Gary M.. RNA-mediated reciprocal regulation between two bacterial operons is RNase III dependent. Vol. 2, Iss. 5. MBio, 2011.
- Johnson, Christopher M., Manias, Dawn A., Haemig, S E., Shokeen, Sonia E., Weaver, Keith, Henkin, Tina M., and Dunny, Gary M.. Direct evidence for control of the pheromone-inducible prgQ operon of Enterococcus, 1634-1642. Vol. 192. Washington, D.C.: J. Bacteriol, 2010.
- Shokeen, Soni, Johnson, Christopher M., Greeenfield, Tony J., Manias, Dawn A., Dunny, Gary M., and Weaver, Keith. Structural analysis of the Anti-Q-Qs interaction: RNA-mediated regulation of E. faecalis plasmid pCF10 conjugation, 26-35. Vol. 64. Plasmid, 2010.
- Chandramohan, L, Ahn, J S., Weaver, Keith, and Bayles, Ken W.. An overlap between the control of programmed cell death in B. anthracis and sporulation., 4103-41110. Vol. 191, Iss. 13. J. Bacteriol. , 2009.
- Weaver, Keith, Reddy, Shirisha G., Brinkman, Cassandra L., Patel, Smita, Bayles, Ken W., and Endres, Jennifer L.. Identification and characterization of a family of toxin-antitoxin systems related to the Enterococcus faecalis plasmid pAD1 par addiction module., 2930-2940. Vol. 155, Iss. 9. Microbiology , 2009.
- Weaver, Keith, Kwong, Stephen M., Firth, Neville, and Francia, Maria V.. The RepA_N replicons of Gram-positive bacteria: a family of broadly distributed but narrow host range plasmids., 94-109. Vol. 61, Iss. 2. Plasmid, 2009.
- Weaver, Keith. The Type I toxin-antitoxin par locus from Enterococcus faecalis plasmid pAD1: RNA regulation by both cis- and trans-acting elements., 65-70. Vol. 78. Plasmid. (DOI: 10.1016/j.plasmid.2014.10.001)
- Weaver, Keith, Clem, Aaron, Molzcyk, Caitlin. The E. faecalis parEF0409 chromosomal type I toxin antitoxin locus is regulated by growth phase and carbon source. Presented at the Regulating with RNA in Bacteria, Wurzburg, Germany. (June 6, 2013)
- Weaver, Keith, Clem, Aaron. The parEF0409 chromosomal toxin-antitoxin system of Enterococcus faecalis is regulated by growth phase and carbon source. Presented at the Gram positive pathogens, Omaha, NE. (October 2012)
- Brinkman, Cassandra L., Bumgarner, Roger, Kittichotirat, Weerayuth, Dunman, Paul M., Kuechenmeister, Lisa J., Weaver, Keith. An rpoC mutation confers resistance to the Fst peptide TA system toxin by suppressing induction of stress related transporters. Presented at the Gram-positive pathogens, Omaha, NE. (October 2012)
- Weaver, Keith, Reddy, Shirisha G., Johnson, Colby. Characterization of parEF0409, a chromosomal homolog of the Enterococcus faecalis plasmid pAD1-encoded par toxin-antitoxin locus. Presented at the 2011 111th General Meeting American Society for Microbiology, New Orleans.
- Johnson, Christopher M., Haemig, Heather H., Manias, Dawn A., Weaver, Keith, Dunny, Gary M.. The prgX and prgQ operons of Enterococcus faecalis plasmid pCF10 reciprocally regulate each others gene expression using antisense RNA. Presented at the 2011 Madison Molecular Genetics of Bacteria and Phage Meeting, Madison, WI.
- Brinkman, Cassandra, Weaver, Keith. Target of the Fst toxin. Presented at the UNMC/USD F2F WIP 2011, nebraska City.
- Weaver, Keith. The E. faecalis EF0409 locus. Presented at the UNMC/USD F2F WIP 2011, Nebraska City.