Phone: (605) 494-3804
Lori Koenecke has been in nursing education since 2007. Her clinical nursing experience includes both public health and acute care--including over 10 years of experience in the OR/PACU. Currently, Lori is actively involved in classroom, lab, and clinical nursing education. She also currently serves as the Faculty Advisor in Pierre. In 2012, Lori attained the designation of Certified Nurse Educator through the National League for Nursing.
Adult Medical-Surgical Nursing; Population Health; Professionalism and Communication
- MS, Nursing, South Dakota State University, 2002
- Coursework toward MS in Nursing, Nursing, University of Wisconsin, 1994
- BS, Nursing, South Dakota State University, 1991
Licensures and Certifications:
- CNE, National League for Nursing
- Registered Nurse, South Dakota Board of Nursing
Citations listed below are presented in a standardized, modified format for display purposes only. They do not necessarily reflect the preferred style and conventions of the faculty member or discipline.
- Ray, Annette, Hunsley, Amy, Koenecke, Lori, and Feller, Lisa. Low-fidelity simulation: Care of the post-CABG patient. QSEN.org..
Awards and Honors:
- University of South Dakota Nursing's Excellence in Teaching Award, 2013
- Koenecke, Lori, Hunsley, Amy, Ray, Annette. Innovative Simulation Strategies in a Rural Setting. Presented at the Simulation in Healthcare: Where No One has Gone Before, Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. (March 25, 2010)
- Hunsley, Amy, Koenecke, Lori. Give Us One Good Reason Why Simulation Cannot Be Incorporated Into Your Curriculum?. Presented at the Midwest Nurse Educator's Academy, Grand Forks, ND. (May 18, 2009)
- Koenecke, Lori.