BEACOM SCHOOL OF BUSINESS
Phone: (605) 677-5455
Cost Accounting<br>Financial Accounting<br>Accounting
Managerial Accounting<br>Accounting Education<br>Behavioral Accounting<br>Sticky Costs
- DBA, Accounting, Mississippi State University, 2002
- Master of Professional Accountancy (MPA), Accounting, Mississippi State University, 1988
- BA, Accounting, Mississippi University for Women, 1987
Licensures and Certifications:
- Digital Accessibility Training for the Center for Teaching and Learning, University of South Dakota
- Introduction to Online Teaching and Learning at the University of South Dakota Center for Teaching and Learning, University of South Dakota
- IRB Certified, CITI
- Certified Public Accountant, Mississippi Board of Public Accountants
- Certified Management Accountant, Institute of Management Accountants
- Writing-Intensive Faculty Development Institute, Auburn University Montgomery
- Online Teaching Certification Program, Auburn University Montgomery
- Mississippi Insurance License
- GRI, Graduate Realtor Institute
- Mississippi Real Estate License
Citations listed below are presented in a standardized, modified format for display purposes only. They do not necessarily reflect the preferred style and conventions of the faculty member or discipline.
- Huber, Marsha M., Leach-López, Maria A., Lee, Eunsuh, and Mafi, Shirine L.. Improving accounting student writing skills using writing circles. Edited by Dr. Natalie Churyk. Vol. 53. Journal of Accounting Educatin, 2020. (DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jaccedu.2020.100694)
- Lee, Eunsuh, Kim, Chaehyun, and Leach-López, Maria A.. Banking Competition and Cost Stickiness. Elsevier: Finance Research Letters, 2020. (DOI: 10.1016/j.frl.2020.101859)
- Kim, Chaehyun, Lee, Eunsuh, and Leach-López, Maria A.. CEO Pay Slice and Cost Stickiness, 99-121. Vol. 91, Iss. 6. Korea International Accounting Review, 2020.
- Marudas, Nicholas P., Petherbridge, Julie, and Leach-López, Maria A.. Is a Nonprofit Organization's Self-preparing its Tax Return Associated with Lower Donations?. Montgomery, AL: Southern Business and Economic Journal, 2020.
- Choi, Wooseok, Lee, Eunsuh, and Leach-López, Maria A.. Excess Compensation and Corporate Governance, 165-188. Vol. 86, Iss. 8. Korea International Accounting Review, 2019. (DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.21073/kiar/2019..86.008)
- Leach-López, Maria A., Leach, Megan M., and Lee, Eunsuh. Culture convergence of manufacturing managers in Mexico, Korea, Hong Kong, and USA, 16-32. Vol. 1, Iss. 2. Dubai: Journal of Research in Emerging Markets, 2019. (DOI: https://doi.org/10.30585/jrems.v1i2.334)
- Leach-López, Maria A., Lee, Eunsuh, and Leach, Megan M.. Is There a Relationship between VARK Learning Styles and the Perceived Usefulness of Online Learning Tools in Accounting Principles Courses?, 133-163. Vol. 44, Iss. 2. Korean Accounting Review, 2019.
- Leach-López, Maria A., Stammerjohan, Claire E., Stammerjohan, William W., and Leach, Megan M.. Ethical Decision Making of Future Mexican Managers, 85-94. Vol. 1, Iss. 1. International Review of Advances in Business, Management and Law, 2018. (DOI: https://doi.org/10.30585/irabml.v1i1.58)
- Stammerjohan, William W., Leach, Maria, and Stammerjohan, Claire A.. The Moderating Effects of Power Distance on the Budgetary Participation-Performance Relationship, 103-148. Vol. 25. Advances in Management Accounting, 2015. (DOI: https://doi.org/10.1108/S1474-787120150000025006)
- Leach-López, Maria A., and Jack, Eric P.. Hofstede's values-LOC: job satisfaction effect in the USA, Mexico, Korea, and Hong Kong, 1-19. Vol. 8. Journal of International Business and Cultural Studies, 2014.
- Leach-López, Maria A.. Moderating Effect of Hofstede's Cultural Values on the Locus of Control/Job Performance Relationship of Managers in USA, Mexico, South Korea and Hong Kong., 1-20. Vol. 30, Iss. 1. Journal of Business Strategies, 2013.
- Leach-López, Maria A., Stammerjohan, Claire A., and Stammerjohan, William W.. Exploratory study of ethical perspectives of future Mexican managers, 88-91. Society for Marketing Advances: LEaDinG THE Way, 2012.
- Heier, Jan R., and Leach-López, Maria A.. Development of modern auditing standards: The strange case of Raymond Marien and the fraud at Interstate Hosiery Mills, 1934-1937, 67-93. Vol. 37, Iss. 2. American Accounting Association: Accounting Historians Journal, 2010. (DOI: https://doi.org/10.2308/0148-418.104.22.168)
- Leach-López, Maria A.. International Students As Peer Tutors: Is It Lawful?, 55-58. Vol. 3, Iss. 8. American Journal of Business Education, 2010. (DOI: https://doi.org/10.19030/ajbe.v3i8.470)
- Leach-López, Maria A., Stammerjohan, William W., and Lee, Kyoo S.. Budget participation and job performance of South Korean managers mediated by job satisfaction and job relevant information, 220-238. Vol. 32, Iss. 3. Management Research News, 2009. (DOI: https://doi.org/10.1108/01409170910943093)
- Leach-López, Maria A., Stammerjohan, William W., and Rigsby, John T.. An update on budgetary participation, locus of control, and the effects on Mexican managerial performance and job satisfaction, 121-134. Vol. 24, Iss. 3. Journal of Applied Business Research, 2008. (DOI: https://doi.org/10.19030/jabr.v24i3.1348)
- Leach-López, Maria A., Stammerjohan, William W., and McNair, Frances M.. Effects of budgetary participation conflict on job performance of Mexican and US managers, 49-64. Vol. 24, Iss. 1. Advances in Accounting, 2008. (DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.adiac.2008.05.008)
- Leach-López, Maria A.. Budget Participation, Job Performance, Job Satisfaction, and yadda, yadda, yadda ..., 169-182. Vol. 3, Iss. 1. Journal of Business & Leadership: Research, Practice, and Teaching , 2007.
- Leach-López, Maria A., Stammerjohan W., and McNair, Frances M.. Differences in the Role of Job?Relevant Information in the Budget Participation?Performance Relationship among US and Mexican Managers: A Question of Culture or Communication, 105-136. Vol. 19, Iss. 1. American Accounting Association: Journal of Management Accounting Research, 2007. (DOI: https://doi.org/10.2308/jmar.2007.19.1.105)
Awards and Honors:
- 2020 Best Paper award from Journal of Research in Emerging Markets, University of Dubai, 2020
- Best Paper Award - 2019 Autumn International Conference, Korea International Accounting Association, 2019
- Best TLC Paper Award - Mid-Atlantic Region 2016 Meeting, American Accounting Association, 2016
- Leach, Maria, Lee, Eunsuh, Choi, Wooseok. Korean Governance and Excess Compensation. Presented at the American Accounting Association Annual Meeting, Washington, DC. (August 2018)
- Leach, Maria, Lee, Eunsuh, Choi, Wooseok. Korean Governance and Excess Compensation. Presented at the Southeast American Accounting Association Meeting, Greenville, SC. (April 2018)
- Lee, Eunsuh, Leach, Maria. Are Hofstede's cultural values on a convergence path? A look at manufacturing managers in Hong Kong, Korea, Mexico, and USA. Presented at the Korean Accounting Information Association Annual Meeting, Seoul, Republic of Korea. (November 2016)
- Huber, Marsha, Leach, Maria, Lee, Eunsuh, Mafi, Shirine. Using Writing Circles as and effective peer review technique to improve the writing skills of accounting students. Presented at the Mid-Atlantic Region Meeting, Morgantown, WV. (May 2016)
- Leach, Maria, Lee, Eunsuh. Hofstede's cultural values purposeful shifts in Hong Kong, Korea, Mexico, and USA. Presented at the SEAAA Annual Meeting, Atlanta, GA. (April 2016)
- Marudas, Nicholas, Petherbridge, Julie, Leach, Maria. Do Nonprofit Organizations that Self-Prepare their tax returns receive lower donations. Presented at the Government and Nonprofit Section Midyear Meeting, Arlington, VA. (March 2016)