Management and leadership of public and nonprofit organizations, public and nonprofit
organization strategic management, state and local government and politics, with special
interests in South Dakota government and politics.
Human behavior in formal organizations; organizational routines, leadership behaviors,
South Dakota politics.
Citations listed below are presented in a standardized, modified format for
display purposes only. They do not necessarily reflect the preferred style and conventions
of the faculty member or discipline.
- Fairholm, Matthew, and Card, Michael. Perspectives of Strategic Thinking: From Controlling Chaos to Embracing It, Article 2. Vol. 15, Iss. 1. Journal of Management & Organization, 2009.
- Card, Michael, Anderson, William, and Erickson, J R.. South Dakota. In Political encyclopedia of the U.S. states and regions, edited by Donald P. Haider-Markel, general editor; Michael A. Card, Ronald Keith Gaddie, Gary
Moncrief, and Kenneth T. Palmer, regional editors, 523-634 . Washington, DC: CQ Press, 2009.
- Card, Michael. The Midwest. In Political encyclopedia of the U.S. states and regions, edited by Donald P. Haider-Markel, General Editor; Michael A. Card, Ronald Keith Gaddie, Gary
Moncrief, and Kenneth T. Palmer, regional editors, 505-512. Washington, DC: CQ Press, 2009.
- Fairholm, Matthew, and Card, Michael. What MPAs Tell Us They Value After They Leave Us, 6-7. Vol. 30, Iss. 10. American Society for Public Administration: PA Times, Education Supplement, 2007.
- Card, Michael, and Card, Karen. Public Sector Competitive Strategies: Understanding Post-secondary Distance Education
in South Dakota, 461-481. Vol. 30, Iss. 5. International Journal of Public Administration, 2007.
- Card, Michael. Uncharted and Ever-changing contours of South Dakota Political Culture. In South Dakota History, 322-328. Vol. 36, Iss. 3..
- Card, Michael, Spooner, Susan, and Keenan, Rhonda. Determining if Leadership is Being Practiced: Evaluation Methodology. In Nursing Administration Quarterly. Vol. 22, Iss. 1..
- Card, Michael. Toward a Middle Range Theory of Individual Level Leadership Transitions. In Leadership Quarterly, 27-48. Vol. 8, Iss. 1..
- Card, Michael. Facilitating Distance Learning Discussions: Mediated by Technology. In Proceedings of the IBSCA Annual Conference..