After a successful first career in international communications and university instruction
on two continents, Professor Dellinger graduated from law school at the top of her
class at the University of Oregon School of Law, Order of the Coif. She then clerked
for the late Hon. Francis J. D'Eramo of the Superior Court of the United States Virgin
Islands and the Hon. Procter Hug, Jr., of the United States Court of Appeals for the
Professor Dellinger researches and writes extensively on the intersection between
international business and environmental law with a particular focus on climate change
as well as on public participation in government decision-making. Her writings have
been used and cited to extensively by, for example, the United Nations Economic Commission
for Europe, the Finnish Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and the OECD.
Professor Dellinger is the editor in chief of the ContractsProfs Blog, where her blogs
often address how to protect the weaker constituents of society as well as environmental
issues that intersect with business aspects. This receives an average of 300 hits
per day. She started and hosts the popular Global Energy and Environmental Law Podcast
on iTunes, which currently has approximately 225,000 listeners. Professor Dellinger
is the Chair of the International Environmental Law section of the American Branch
of the International Law Association. She has visited 36 nations for business and
pleasure and is fluent in English, Danish, and German. In her spare time, Professor
Dellinger likes socializing, watching movies, and wine tasting.
Public and Private International Law, Commercial Law, International Environmental
International environmental law, disaster and vulnerability law, public participation
in law-making and law-enforcement
Citations listed below are presented in a standardized, modified format for
display purposes only. They do not necessarily reflect the preferred style and conventions
of the faculty member or discipline.
- Dellinger, Myanna. Post-Jesner Climate Change Litigation Under the Alien Tort Statute, 44 Colum. J. Envtl.
L. 241 (2019)..
- Dellinger, Myanna. See You in Court: Around the World in Eight Climate Change Lawsuits, 42 Wm. & Mary
Envtl. L. & Pol'y Rev. 525 (2018)..
- Dellinger, Myanna. Trophy Hunting - A Relic of the Past, 34 J. Envtl. L. & Litig. 25 (2018)..
- Dellinger, Myanna. Rethinking Force Majeure in Public International Law, 37 Pace L. Rev. 396 (2017)..
- Dellinger, Myanna. Acts of God or Acts of Man? Rethinking Contractual Impracticability in Times of Climate
Change, Nat. Resources & Env't, Winter 2016, at 31..
- Dellinger, Myanna. An "Act of God"? Rethinking Contractual Impracticability in an Era of Anthropogenic
Climate Change, 67 Hastings L.J. 1551 (2016)..
- Dellinger, Myanna. Trophy Hunting Contracts: Unenforceable for Reasons of Public Policy, 41 Colum. J.
Envtl. L. 395 (2016)..
- Dellinger, Myanna. Narrowed Constellations in a Supranational Climate Change Regime Complex: The "Magic
Number" is Three, 37 Fordham Int'l L.J. 373 (2014)..
- Dellinger, Myanna. Rethinking Fuerza Mayor in a World of Anthropogenic Climate Change, 42 J. L. & Soc.
Pontifica Universidad Católica Del Perú 45 (2014)..
- Dellinger, Myanna. An Unstoppable Tide: Creating Environmental and Human Rights Law from the Bottom Up,
15 Or. Rev. Int'l L. 63 (2013)..
- Dellinger, Myanna. Is California an Oil Boom State?, Orange County Law., May 2013, at 24..
- Dellinger, Myanna. Localizing Climate Change Action, 14 Minn. J. L. Sci. & Tech. 603 (2013)..
- Dellinger, Myanna. That's Wild! The Ongoing International Trade in Endangered Species, Orange County
Law., Dec. 2013..
- Dellinger, Myanna. Public Participation: A Bottoms-Up Approach to Law-Making and Enforcement, Orange
County Law., Feb. 2012, at 16..
- Dellinger, Myanna. Ten Years of the Aarhus Convention: How Procedural Democracy is Paving the Way for
Substantive Change in National and International Environmental Law, 23 Colo. J. Int'l
Envt'l L. & Pol'y 309 (2012)..
- Dellinger, Myanna. From Jumping Frogs to Graffiti-Painted Walls: Legal Issues Caused by Mistranslation
in International Commercial Arbitration, 7 Rutgers Conflict Resol. L.J. 1 (2010)..
- Dellinger, Myanna. Something is Rotten in the State of Denmark: The Deprivation of Democratic Rights
by Nation States Not Recognizing Dual Citizenship, 20 Fla. St. J. Transnat'l L. &
Pol'y 41 (2010)..
- Dellinger, Myanna. Using Dogs for Emotional Support of Testifying Victims of Crime, 15 Animal L. 171
- Dellinger, Myanna. Winds of Change? A Review of International Climate Change Litigation, 10 Or. St. Bar
Outlook, no. 2., 2009, at 9..