SF SEC 123
Phone: (605) 357-1565
I graduated from USD with degrees in Nursing and Psychology. I have experience working as a Registered Nurse in behavioral health, oncology, transplant, endocrinology, nephrology, and intensive care. I also taught at the Career and Technical Education Academy (CTE) in Sioux Falls prior to teaching at USD. I taught Health Careers I, Health Careers II, Basic Life Support (BLS), and the Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) course. I also supervised students in a hands-on internship at local nursing homes and Avera McKennan during my time at CTE.
Oncology, Mental Health, Quality Improvement, Informatics, Leadership, Pathophysiology, Community Health, Anatomy, Physiology, Medical Terminology, Transplant, Endocrinology, Nephrology, Critical Care, Patient Care, Seminar, Clinical, and Laboratory
- MS, Nursing, University of Phoenix, 2015
- BS, Psychology, University of South Dakota, 2006
- Other, Nursing, University of South Dakota, 2005
Licensures and Certifications:
- Basic Life Support, First Aid, and HeartSaver Instructor Certification, American Heart Association
- South Dakota Teaching Certificate, South Dakota Board of Education
- Trauma Nurse Core Curriculum Certification, Emergency Nurses Association
- Reigniting the Spirit of Caring Facilitator, Creative Health Care Management
- Oncology Nursing Certification, Oncology Nursing Certification Corporation
- Oncology Nursing Society Chemotherapy/Biotherapy Provider, Oncology Nursing Society
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support Certification, American Heart Association
- Registered Nurse, SD Board of Nursing
- Basic Life Support Certification, American Heart Association
Citations listed below are presented in a standardized, modified format for display purposes only. They do not necessarily reflect the preferred style and conventions of the faculty member or discipline.
- Yockey, Jean, and Stokke, Sarah. "Enigma in the ED: tracking a puzzling illness." 2020. In National Center for Case Study Teaching in Science (NCCST), edited by Clyde Herreid. New York, NY: National Center for Case Study Teaching in Science (NCCST). , 2020.
- Stokke, Sarah E.. N321 Virtual Clinical: Caring for the Older Adult..
- Stokke, Sarah E.. N471 Virtual Simulation: Pandemic Case Study..
Awards and Honors:
- Excellence in Clinical Teaching Nominee (Student Submissions), USD Nursing Students, 2020
- Excellence in Teaching Nominee (Faculty Submission), USD Nursing Faculty, 2020
- Excellence in Teaching Nominee (Student Submissions), USD Nursing Students, 2020
- Spirit of Caring Award Nominee (Student Submissions), USD Nursing Students, 2020
- Innovation in Education Grant Recipient, Sioux Falls Public Schools Education Foundation, 2018
- Dr. John W. Harris Teacher of the Year Nominee, Sioux Falls School District, 2017
- Avera Angel Award Recipient, Avera Foundation, 2013
- Avera Distinguished Nursing Service Care Provider Award Winner, Avera Health, 2012
- Stokke, Sarah, Jaquet, Megan. #20in20: 20 Interactive Classroom Tools in 20 Minutes. Presented at the ACTE Region V Conference, Rapid City, South Dakota. (November 2017)
- Stokke, Sarah, Jaquet, Megan. #20in40: 20+ Interactive Classroom Tools in 40 Minutes. Presented at the SD Closer Connections Conference, Pioneering New Paths: Promoting Acquisition to Heighten Success, Sioux Falls, South Dakota. (November 2017)