Visiting Assoc. Prof.
BEACOM SCHOOL OF BUSINESS
Beacom Hall 327
Phone: (605) 658-6572
Dr. Smith has a Ph.D. from the University of Arkansas; MBA from Michigan State University; and a BS from Ball State University. He has been an endowed professor, tenured full professor, and a Fulbright Scholar.
Forensic Accounting and Cost Accounting
Forensic Accounting/Teaching Issues
Licensures and Certifications:
- Certified Management Accountant, National Association of Accountants
- Certified Public Accountant, American Institute of CPAs
Citations listed below are presented in a standardized, modified format for display purposes only. They do not necessarily reflect the preferred style and conventions of the faculty member or discipline.
- Smith, Stevenson G., Crumbley, Larry, and Fenton, Edmund. Forensic and Investtigative Accounting, 872. Iss. 8th Edition. Riverwood, IL: Commerce Clearing House Inc., 2017.
- Smith, G. Stevenson. The Accountant: A Character in Literature, 2-27. Vol. 25. Meditari Accountancy Research, 2017. (DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1108/MEDAR-03-2015-0014)
- Smith, G. Stevenson. Accounting Program Resource Use and CPA Exam Success Rates, 15-21. Vol. 23. Southwest Business and Economics Journal, 2016.
- Smith, G. Stevenson, and Crumbley, Larry. Case Studies in Forensic and Fraud Accounting. Edited by D. Larry Crumbley, Wilson A. LaGraize and Christopher E. Peters. Iss. Case Study 12: A Form of Money Laundering..
- Smith, G. Stevenson. Evaluating Materiality in Cybercrime Footnhotes, 77-89. Vol. 27, Iss. 2. The Journal of Corporate Accounting & Finance, 2016.
- Smith, G. Stevenson, and Hrncir, Theresa. Scourage of Healdton, Oklahoma, 19-23. Vol. 30, Iss. 6. Fraud Magazine, 2015.
- Smith, G. Stevenson. A White Paper Analysis of the Treasury Takeover of Fannie Mae. Edited by Michael Ciklin and Adam Spittler, 18.. (DOI: DOI: 10.13140/RG.2.1.5087.2807)
- Smith, G. Stevenson, Crumbley, Larry, and Fenton, Edmond. Forensic and Investigative Accounting. Iss. 7th. Riverwoods, IL: Commerce Clearing House, Inc., 2015.
- Smith, G. Stevenson. The Past, Present and Future of Forensic Accounting, 16-21. Vol. 85, Iss. 3. CPA Journal, 2015.
- Smith, G. Stevenson. Management Models for International Cybercrime, 104-125. Vol. 22, Iss. 1. Journal of Financial Crime, 2015. (DOI: 10.1108/JFC-09-2013-0051)
- Smith, G. Stevenson, and Crumbley, Larry. So You Wish to be a Forensic Accountant, 6-8. Iss. 762. New Accountant, 2014.
- Smith, G. Stevenson. Contributor to encyclopedia essay definitions for "not-for profit accounting" and "cost-volume-profit.". Iss. 3rd. Woodbridge, CT: Encyclopedia of Business and Finance Macmillan Reference, 2014.
- Smith, G. Stevenson. Using Jump Lists to Identify Fraudulent Documents, 193-199. Vol. 9 , Iss. 3-4. Digital Investigation, 2013. (DOI: 10.1016/j.diin.2012.11.002)
- Smith, G. Stevenson. 2019 Paper Review: A Visualization Jump List Toll for Digial Forensics of Windows..
- Smith, G. Stevenson. Review of 19 Paper Abstracts for the OLC 2019 Conference. Online Learning Consortium National Meeting for 2019.
- Smith, G. Stevenson. 2019 Paper Review: An Examination of Computer Forensics and Related Certifications in the Accounting Curriculum. In Review for Journal of Digital Forensics, Security and Law..
Awards and Honors:
- Fulbright, U.S. State Department, 2015
- Smith, G. Stevenson. Oral History Interviews in Accounting Research. Presented at the 2019 The International Academy of Business and Public Administration Disciplines, Dallas , TX. (April 13, 2019)