Dr. Curtin has teaching and administrative experience in PreK-12 and higher education.
Research interests include rural teacher recruitment and retention, culturally responsive
teaching and leadership, and recruitment/retention of faculty/staff/students of color
in a PWI.
Citations listed below are presented in a standardized, modified format for
display purposes only. They do not necessarily reflect the preferred style and conventions
of the faculty member or discipline.
- Curtin, Susan. "Teacher Recruitment and Retention in the Rural Midwest: Academic Leaders' Perceptions", 57-74. Vol. 1, Iss. 1. Florida: Voices of Reform: Educational Research to Inform and Reform, 2018.
- De Jong, David, Curtin, Susan, Robinson, Derrick, Johnson, Stephen, Schaap, Ben, and Card, Karen. Division of Educational Leadership: Completed Dissertation Research Impacting the
Midwest, 13. Vol. 1, Iss. May 2017. Vermillion, South Dakota: University of South Dakota School of Education, 2017.
- Smith, M, Dixon, A, Geleta, N, and Curtin, S. Collaboration among university units rebuilds a sense of belonging for students of
color using the Sanctuary Model® as a framework.. Vol. 16, Iss. 1. Pennsylvania: Making Connections, 2015.
- Dixon, A, Smith, M, Curtin, S, and Geleta, N. Transformational mentoring: Success working with students of color in a PWI institution.. Albequerque: Proceedings of the University of New Mexico Mentoring Conference, 2015.
- Curtin, S, and Baker, J. Reciprocity in the PDS partnership, 27-32. Vol. 1, Iss. 3. School-University Partnerships, The Journal of the National Association for Professional
Development Schools, , 2008.
- DeCino, Daniel, Curtin, Susan, De Jong, David, Seedorf, Stephen, and Amanda Jean, Dalbey. Educational Leaders' Perceptions of Legal Preparedness. Denton, TX: Journal of School Leadership: SAGE.