Lee Medicine & Science Hall 319
Phone: (605) 658-5605
Research Methods<br>Epidemiology and Preventive Medicine<br>Population Health Nursing<br>Advanced Public Health
Opioid misuse/OD<br>Child Maltreatment<br>Adolescent Health Promotion<br>Vaccine hesitancy
- DNP- Doctor of Nursing Practice, Public Health- Systems Level; , University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus, 2018
- MPH- Masters of Public Health, Epidemiology , University of Minnesota School of Public HEalth, 1992
Licensures and Certifications:
- Adult/Adolescent-SANE (Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner), International Association of Forensic Nurses
- Public Health Nurse #8542, Minnesota Board of Nursing
- Registered Nurse #R050941, South Dakota Board of Nursing
- Registered Nurse #109078-9, Minnesota Board of Nursing
- Registered Nurse #1637638, Colorado Board of Nursing
- FEMA- ICS 700, Federal Emergency Management Agency
- FEMA-ICS -0 100, Federal Emergency Management Agency
- Overdose Data to Action (OD2A), Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Grant Role: Co-Principal. (2019 - 2022)
- Overdose Data to Action (OD2A), Evaluation Team, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Grant Role: Co-Principal. (2019 - 2022)
Citations listed below are presented in a standardized, modified format for display purposes only. They do not necessarily reflect the preferred style and conventions of the faculty member or discipline.
- Wesner, Chelsea, and Wesner, Chelsea. Avoid Opioid Prescription Addiction: Year 1 Outcomes Report, 16. South Dakota Department of Health, 2021.
- Strobel, Susan. Knowledge, Attitudes, and Need: Assessing the COVID-19 impact in rural America. Iss. November 2020. South Dakota Medicine, 2020.
- Strobel, Susan. Increasing healthcare access for at-risk youth: How interprofessional collaboration works in population health, Mar 7:100330.. Journal of Interprofessional Education & Practice,, 2020.
- Strobel, Susan. Facts you should know about e-cigarettes and vaping. Edited by Arthur L. Davis Publishing, 10-11. Vol. Winter 2020. South Dakota Nurse, 2020.
Awards and Honors:
- Excellence in Scholarship, Nursing Department, 2020
- Strobel, Susan. Impact of COVID-19 Stressors on Youth and Family Mental Health with Implications for Intervention.. Presented at the annual meeting of the American Psychological Association., virtual. (August 2021)
- Strobel, Susan. OD2A- ED Toolkit Presentation. Presented at the 2021 South Dakota Statewide Opioid Advisory Annual Meeting, virtual. (July 13, 2021)
- Strobel, Susan. Forensic Nursing. Presented at the 2021 Assoc of Prevention Teaching and Research, virtual. (March 9, 2021)
- Strobel, Susan. Empowering Providers to become Influenza Vaccine Champions. Presented at the Indiana Immunization Coalition Webinar, Virtual. (October 27, 2020)
- Strobel, Susan, Wesner, Chelsea, Danzi, BreAnne, Puumala, Susan, Kenyon, DenYelle, McConnell, Meghan. Responding to COVID-19 in rural America: A public health case study. Presented at the Project ECHO (Extension for Community Healthcare Outcomes), virtual. (June 4, 2020)
- Strobel, Susan. Strategy 5- OD2A ED Assessement findings and gaps in practice. Presented at the OD2A Grantee Meeting, Atlanta, GA. (March 2020)
- Strobel, Susan, Kommes, Shelby R.. Building resilient communities through health messaging.. Presented at the Annual Conference. (February 2020)
- Strobel, Susan. Introducing forensic nursing & SANE certification during undergraduate and RN-BSN programs. Presented at the Creating the healthiest nation: Preventing violence, virtual- did not attend due to COVID-19 and lack of departmental funding. (February 2020)
- Strobel, Susan. Improving health and health care access for high risk 9th-12th grade students.. Presented at the Teaching Prevention2019: Building a new paradigm for Populatin Health (Annual Meeting), Cleveland, OH. (April 2019)
- Strobel, Susan. Health & Healthcare Access for At-Risk High school students. Presented at the Annual conference of American Public Health Association, San Diego, CA. (November 2018)