Timothy Pyles received his MFA in Acting from Southern Methodist University, in Dallas
TX. He has worked as an actor at the Utah Shakespeare Festival, the Theatricum Botanicum
in Los Angeles, the Indiana Festival Theatre, and other venues. He is a member of
the Actors' Equity Association.
Acing, Voice and Speech, Shakespeare.
History and Theories of Performance, Shakespeare, Philosophy and Theatre, Magic and
the Supernatural in Theatre.
Citations listed below are presented in a standardized, modified format for
display purposes only. They do not necessarily reflect the preferred style and conventions
of the faculty member or discipline.
- Pyles, Timothy. Dionysus in the Mirror: Hamlet as Nietzsche's Dionysian Man. Edited by Garry L. Hagberg, Bard College, 128-141. Vol. 41, Iss. 1A. Johns Hopkins University Press - Baltimore, Maryland: Journal of Philosophy and Literature - published by Johns Hopkins University Press, 2017. (DOI: July, 2017)
- Pyles, Timothy. Shakespeare's Supernatural Skepticism: A Study of Shakespeare's Skeptical and Transversal
Engagement with the Supernatural, 207. Ann Arbor, MI: ProQuest, 2016. (DOI: February, 2016)
- Pyles, Timothy. "Trusting Performance: A Cognitive Approach to Embodiment in Drama" by Naomi Rokotnitz.. Edited by Kim Solga, pp 266-268. Vol. 55, Iss. 02. Cambridge: Theatre Survey, Cambridge University Press, 2014. (DOI: May, 2014)
- Pyles, Timothy A.. Bodies of Theology: Racine's Esther and Athalie as Embodied Theology. Edited by Dr. Sarah McCarroll and Dr. Andrew Gibb, TBD. Vol. 27, Iss. N/A. Tuscaloosa, Alabama: Theatre Symposium - University of Alabama Press. (DOI: Forthcoming, July 2019)
- Pyles, Timothy. "Dionysus in the Mirror: The Play-Within-The-Play as the Apollonian Reflection of
Hamlet's Dionysian Psyche.". Edited by Garry Hagberg, TBD. Vol. 40, Iss. 1A. Baltimore, Maryland: Philosophy and Literature, Johns Hopkins University Press.. (DOI: September, 2016)