KINESIOLOGY AND SPORT MANAGEMENT (KSM)
Patterson Hall 132D
Phone: (605) 658-5555
Sport and Exercise Psychology, Group Dynamics, Research Methods,
Exercise motivations, Efficacy beliefs, Team-building strategies
- Ph D, Sport Psychology, Michigan State University, 2013
- MS, Sport Psychology/Sport Science, The University of Western Australia, 2009
- BS, Sport Medicine, Kyunghee Univerisity, 2006
Licensures and Certifications:
- Sport Psychologist Certifcate, Korean Society of Sports Psychology
Citations listed below are presented in a standardized, modified format for display purposes only. They do not necessarily reflect the preferred style and conventions of the faculty member or discipline.
- Son, Veronica, Oregon, Evelyn M., and Feltz, Deborah L.. Power of "we": Effects of different references of self-talk on performance anxiety. Vol. 3. Journal of Athletic Enhancement, 2014.
- Son, Veronica, Jackson, Ben, Grove, Bob, and Feltz, Debrah L.. "I" versus "We": Effects of distinctive self-talk variants on efficacy beliefs and motor performance, 1417-1424. Vol. 29. Journal of Sports Sciences, 2011.
- Son, Veronica, Chung, Jihey, and Yom, Jae P.. When efficacy beliefs affect team attributions: Relationships between self- and collective efficacy beliefs and team attributions overtime. Torino: The Journal of Sports Medicine and Physical Fitness.
Awards and Honors:
- Research Enhancement Fellowship, Michigan State University, 2012
- Student Writing Award, American Kinesiology Association, 2012
- College of Education Dean's Fellowship, Michigan State University, 2009
- National Schloarship, Korean Foundation of the Next Generation Sport Talents, 2009
- Son, Veronica, Chung, Jihye, Oregron, Evelyn, Norman, Shannon, Yom, Jae P.. Does culture matter? A cross cultural study of causal attribution and self-efficacy between US and Korea.. Presented at the Association of Applied Sport Psychology, Las Vegas, NV. (October 17, 2014)
- Son, Veronica, Feltz, Deborah. Power of "we" : Effects of self-talk and synchrony on performance.. Presented at the Anual Convention, St Louis, MO. (April 2, 2014)
- Son, Veronica. "I" versus "We": Effects of different references of self-talk on performance anxiety. Presented at the NASPSPA Conference, Honolulu, HI. (June 2012)
- Son, Veronica. The power of we. Presented at the Business Luncheon, Detroit, MI. (November 2011)
- Son, Veronica. Relationships among efficacy beliefs, team attributions, and individualism/ collectivism overtime. Presented at the the 6th ASPSPA International Congress, Taipei, Taiwan. (November 2011)
- Son, Veronica. Exploring the relationships among efficacy beliefs, team attributions, and individualism/ collectivism. Presented at the NASPSPA conference, Burlington, VT. (June 2011)
- Son, Veronica. The role of individual- and group-focused self-talk on efficacy beliefs and dart-throwing performance. Presented at the NASPSPA Conference, Tucson, Arizona. (June 2010)