Assistant Professor, MSW
Health Science Center - Sioux Falls 371
Phone: (605) 357-1450
I am a licensed Clinical Psychologist and Clinical Social Worker with over 25 years experience, having spent my last 15 years at Avera University Psychiatry Associates. I also supervised psychiatry residents and served as an Assistant Professor of Psychiatry through the USD School of Medicine.
Child Welfare Mental Health Clinical Psychology Individual/Family Therapy Groups Family Violence
Family Violence Adolescent Offenders and Treatment Absent Fathers Anxiety Disorders Mood Disorders and Treatment Minority Issues
- Ph D, Clinical Psychology, Capella University, 2007
- MS, MSW, University of Nebraska at Omaha, 1998
- BS, Social Work, Augustana College, 1985
Licensures and Certifications:
- Clinical Psycholgist, South Dakota Psychological Association
- Certified Social Worker; Private Independent Practice, South Dakota Social Work Licensing Board
Citations listed below are presented in a standardized, modified format for display purposes only. They do not necessarily reflect the preferred style and conventions of the faculty member or discipline.
- Jackmon, Wallace. Technology Addiction: KSFY News..
- Jackmon, Wallace. Social Media and Teens. Sioux Falls: Sioux Falls Woman Magazine, 2018.
- Jackmon, Wallace. Media Induced Anxiety. Sioux Falls: South Dakota Public Radio, 2018.
- Jackmon, Wallace, Blaalid, Brooke L., and Chester-Adam, Heather. Child and Adolescent Drug Abuse Prevention: A Rural Community Based Approach. Edited by Hansen, K., Ed., 49-54. Iss. SE 2016. Sioux Falls, SD: The Journal of South Dakota State Medical Association, 2016.
- Jackmon, Wallace. Practical Treatment Strategies for Substance Use Disorders. Presented at the Avera Hazelden Symposium Opioid Abuse, Sioux Falls Downtown Holiday Inn. (November 27, 2018)
- Jackmon, Wallace. Media Induced Anxiety and Depression: Treatment from a Clinical Perspective. Presented at the National NASW Conference, Washington D.C.. (June 22, 2018)
- Jackmon, Wallace. Sexual Abuse Through a Care Providers Eyes:A Clinical Perspective. Presented at the Child Sexual Abuse Conference, Sioux Falls Convention Center; 1201 N West Ave. Sioux Falls, SD. (August 18, 2016)