Assistant Professor, Research
Basic Biomedical Sciences
Phone: (605) 658-6484
Human Physiology, Experimental Physiology and Neurosciences
My research mainly focuses on the cellular and molecular mechanisms that underlie learning and memory, and neurobiology of Alzheimer's disease.
- Ph D, Physiology, Shanxi Medical University, 2002
- MD, Clinical Medicine, Shanxi Medical University, 1997
Citations listed below are presented in a standardized, modified format for display purposes only. They do not necessarily reflect the preferred style and conventions of the faculty member or discipline.
- ZHENG, ZHAOQING, Ambigapathy, Ganesh, and Keifer, Joyce. Regulation of BDNF chromatin status and promoter accessibility in a neural correlate of associative learning., 981-993. Vol. 10, Iss. 10. Epigenetics. , 2015. (DOI: 10.1080/15592294.2015.1090072)
- KEIFER, JOYCE, ZHENG, ZHAOQING, and Ambigapathy, G. MicroRNA-BDNF Negative Feedback Signaling Loop in Brain: Implications for Alzheimer's disease., 101-8.. Vol. 4, Iss. 2. Microrna, 2015.
- Keifer, Joyce, and Zheng, Zhaoqing. Coincidence Detection in a Neural Correlate of Classical Conditioning Is Initiated by Bidirectional PDK1 Signaling and Modulated by Adenosine Receptors.. Journal of Physiology, 2015.
- Zheng, Zhaoqing, Sabirzhanov, Boris, and Keifer, Joyce. Two-stage AMPA receptor trafficking in classical conditioning and selective role for glutamate receptor subunit 4 (tGluA4) flop splice variant., 101-111. Vol. 108. J Neurophysiol. , 2012.
- Zheng, Zhaoqing, and Keifer, Joyce. Sequential Delivery of Synaptic GluA1 and GluA4-Containing AMPARs by SAP97 Anchored Protein Complexes in Classical Conditioning. J Bio. Chem. .
- Zheng, Zhaoqing, Ambigapathy, Genash, Keifer, Joyce. Rapid regulation of Tet1 expression and protein-protein interactions during in vitro classical conditioning.. Presented at the Society of Neuroscience, Washington, DC.. (October 14, 2014)
- Ambigapathy, Genash, Zheng, Zhaoqing, Keifer, Joyce. Upstream signaling mechanisms for methylation and regulatory DNA protein binding underlying BDNF gene expression during classical conditioning.. Presented at the Society of Neuroscience, Washington, DC.. (October 14, 2014)
- Ambigapathy, Ganesh, Zheng, Zhaoqing, Keifer, Joyce. Differential expression of BDNF transcripts during classical conditioning is regulated by distinct patterns of DNA methylation.. Presented at the Society of Neuroscience, San diego, CA.. (October 17, 2013)
- Ambigapathy, Ganesh, Zheng, Zhaoqing, Keifer, Joyce. Identification of novel brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) transcript variants and methylation status of BDNF during classical conditioning.. Presented at the SFN. (October 2012)
- Zheng, Zhaoqing, Keifer, Joyce. Synapse associated protein 97 (SAP97) scaffold drives AMPARs to the postsynaptic density during classical conditioning. Society for Neuroscience,. Presented at the SFN. (October 2012)