To receive financial aid from federal programs you must meet all of the following requirements.
- You must be a U. S. Citizen or eligible non-citizen, a national or permanent resident of the U.S. or in the U.S. for other than a temporary purpose.
- You must be registered with Selective Service, if you are a male between the ages of 18 and 25.
- You must have a valid Social Security Number.
- You may not be in default on a federal student loan.
- You must not owe an overpayment of a federal loan or grant.
- You may not have borrowed in excess of aggregate student loan limits.
- You must be admitted to USD in a qualified degree program and registered at least half-time.
- You must maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress as defined by USD.
Note: Incarcerated students are not eligible for Federal Financial Aid. Read more about Federal Student Aid for Incarcerated Individuals on the Federal Student Aid web site.