Discover Your Community
You'll find passionate faculty and peers for continued inspiration.
We provide students with the knowledge and tools you'll need to become an informed, competent and creative artist. Bridging both the technical and conceptual approaches to painting, you will experience a rigorous and supportive environment that encourages creative thought and personal growth through research, experimentation and critical discussion. You'll learn to develop a thoughtfully executed and skilled body of paintings and how to contextualize your work through readings, field trips and research.
Our painting facilities include:
- Large, naturally lit critique spaces
- Large light control system spaces for studio projects and figure painting
- Free figure model sessions
- Access to video and audio editing equipment and professional grade digital cameras and light kits
- Well-ventilated spray booths
- Laser cutters
- Undergraduate and graduate individual studios
- Woodshed facilities to create canvas and panel supports