B.F.A. & M.F.A. in Photography
Develop your talent and share your passion with others.
You will develop skills in traditional film, digital and experimental forms of photography. We are proud to have the only full-time fine arts photographic professor in South Dakota’s higher education system with more than 35 years of experience. Students explore techniques in photography development, printing and creative process and participate in critiques, lectures and demonstrations on critical issues in photography.
Our photography facilities include:
- Fully equipped Camera studio: Nikon 3200 Digital SLRs, 8’x 10’ cameras, 4’x5’ cameras, medium format cameras, 35mm single lens reflex cameras
- A large selection of lenses, accessories, LED and hot light kits, analog and digital lab equipment
- Shooting and lighting studio with a high-end strobe system, and backdrops
- Black-and-white darkroom with 22 enlargers
- Alternative processes and film developing facility for palladium, wet plate collodion, other historic processes and black and white film processing
- Fully equipped printing shop: Epson 9800 printer, 44” wide Epson 4900 professional printer, 17” wide professional printer