July 8-13, 2018
Summer Music Camp is a six day experience of learning and music-making open to students who have completed grades 5–12. Activities include vocal and instrumental ensembles as well as a variety of other musical activities. Opportunities for private lessons in a specific instrument or voice are also available.
|Early Bird Registration Deadline June 26
||Commuters With Meals
||Commuters Without Meals
| After June 25
Housing & Meals
Students will be housed in air-conditioned residence halls located on USD’s campus near the Warren M. Lee Center for the Fine Arts. Students may check into their rooms after completing camp registration and will be allowed to stay in the residence halls through Friday afternoon. No phone service is provided in residence hall rooms. Cell phones are permitted but may not be used in class. Meals are provided beginning with dinner on Sunday evening and continuing through dinner on Friday. Students living in or near Vermillion have the option of attending camp as commuters.
Students staying on campus should bring:
- Sheets (extra-long twin)
- Alarm clock
- Music for lessons and recitals
The following scholarships are available for those who qualify.
- Students in their fifth year of attendance or greater will receive a $50 scholarship.
- Students who receive either Division I ratings on contest solos, or who are selected for any All-State ensemble qualify for a $50 scholarship. Students may not receive more than one $50 performance scholarship. Applicable to ratings received during the most recent school year only. A copy of the contest rating form, All-State program or a signed letter from the student’s current music teacher is required to verify eligibility.
- Students who attended camp last year (2016), will receive a $25 scholarship for each registered new student (up to 10) who has never attended the University of South Dakota Summer Music Camp in the past. This scholarship is worth up to $250. A new student may only be attached to one returning student.
- 12th grade students who will be attending USD in the fall may request one complementary 30 minute lesson. To apply for a scholarship or to indicate use of a private lesson scholarship, please complete the scholarships section of the registration form.
- Schools or music organizations offer scholarships to their students. Contact those groups for more information. These privately offered scholarships may be used in conjunction with other camp scholarships.
For questions or more information, contact: