Your gift will help students participate in some of the most important real-world experiences of their time at USD, which contribute to their academic and post-graduate success.
Student Service Trips Support
Service-learning programs like Alternative Week of Off Campus Learning (AWOL) and National Days of Service inspire students to address important social issues on a local, national and international scale. A gift to this program can expand the experience and create new service locations, allow for more students to attend, and will provide support for participants in need.
A Gift to GC Supports:
- A student's travel to Pine Ridge, Los Angeles or Honduras (locations vary by year)
- An entire AWOL group's housing at their service location
- A speaker for MLK Day or other special event
- A student scholarship for study abroad
- Funding for student research supplies and expenses
- Scholarships to students to travel to conferences to present research
Gallagher Center for Experiential Learning & Education Abroad Support Fund
We offer other programming to help students make meaningful contributions to society. Undergraduate research and creative scholarship programs at USD allow our students to carry out sophisticated scholarly work - in any discipline - hand in hand with faculty mentors. This deepens their understanding of their field, showing the practical application of their classroom work, and is an excellent foundation for the next stage of their careers as scientists, scholars, artists and citizens.