An emergency is a situation requiring immediate attention such as the following:
- Serious injury or illness that is life-threatening or that requires hospitalization
- Arrest or other disciplinary action
- Civil disturbance
- Natural disaster
In an emergency, follow these general steps:
- Remain calm and seek appropriate assistance such as medical attention (see Travel.State.Gov for local emergency numbers, including U.S. Department of State contacts).
- Contact onsite program staff so that they can assist you.
- Obtain a medical or legal referral or other assistance by contacting Team Assist 24/7 at +1-312-935-1703 (collect calls accepted). The South Dakota Board of Regents CISI insurance policy number is GLM N01060946 (you may also download the policy brochure and claim form).
- Notify the Gallagher Center at +1-605-658-3599. If you need to reach us after hours, including holidays and weekends, call Public Safety at +1-605-658-6199 and ask the dispatcher to relay your message to the Gallagher Center staff.
- Contact and update your family.