The Graduate School awards Graduate Research and Creative Scholarship Grants to assist with funding of a research or creative activity project to be conducted on an annual basis. Grants are awarded to graduate students who are selected through a competitive process conducted by the Graduate Council. FY2020 Graduate Research and Creative Scholarship Grant Applications (fall call) is now open and will close Oct. 24, 2019 at 11:59 p.m.
Workshop - Sept. 25, 2019 at 4 p.m., MUC 216
Join us to learn more about the application process for Graduate Research and Creative Scholarship Grant.
- You must be a degree-seeking graduate student.
- You must be available to present your research or progress to date at IdeaFest (April 7-8, 2020).
- You cannot win more than once in an academic year.
- Complete the Application Form
*If requested for a username, please use your USD email.
- Ask your faculty research advisor to review your proposal and submit a Recommendation Form on your behalf.
You will receive a confirmation email for successfully submitted Application or Recommendation Forms.
Applications are judged on the following criteria:
- The project will make a unique contribution to the field as evidenced in the description of the purpose, objectives, research questions or artist's statement, methods, and anticipated outcomes/impacts.
- The student has the academic preparation and practical expertise to conduct the project.
- The project can be completed according to the proposed timeline.
- The budget is reasonable and other sources of funding (if any) are identified.
- The project is of sufficient quality that the results can be presented at a regional or national meeting or other venue, published in a peer-reviewed journal, or result in a product of commercial value.
See Reimbursement Policy
FY2019 Fall Award Winners
FY2019 Spring Award Winners
For more information, contact the Graduate School at 605-658-6173 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.