Congratulations! Now that you're officially a Coyote, it's time to become familiar with what is available to you as a USD student. Listed below are several services and resources that are here to help you succeed and make the most of your time as a Coyote. We can't wait to have you join us.
Welcome to USD. Welcome home.
Please note: all resources below are available to new graduate students at USD's main campus in Vermillion. Resources marked with an asterisk (*) are also available to new graduate students at USD's Community College for Sioux Falls (CCSF).
- Self-Service* - Watch the three, short instructional videos on how to register yourself for your USD courses.
- How to Order Textbooks* - Wondering how to order your textbooks and course materials? Use this document to answer those questions and learn about Charlie's Bookstore & Fan Shop. Then once you have successfully signed up for your classes, go to usd.edu/textbooks to purchase or rent the items you need.
- Tuition and Fees - View the current breakdown of USD's undergraduate tuition and fees.
- SDePay Document* - Read about where you can access and pay your tuition and fees.
- Payment Plan Document* - Browse over the details about available payment plans with USD and Nelnet Campus Commerce.
- Flex Dollars Budget - Use this spreadsheet as a guide to budget the flex dollars from your meal plan throughout the semester(s).
- Order Your Coyote Card* - Want to get your student ID before you arrive on campus? Follow the directions on how to order your Coyote Card today. Your first Coyote Card will be free; any replacements may cost money.
- Coyote Card and Meal Plan - Check out the multiple functions of your new student ID and select a meal plan that's best suited to you.
- Buy a Laptop from USD - Learn more about this opportunity as a new Coyote: USD offers students, faculty and staff the convenience of purchasing a Lenovo ThinkPad T495 laptop with Office 365 pre-installed, a 3-year warranty with onsite and accidental damage protection, free support offered by USD technicians and more.
- Visit Coyote One Stop - Coyote One Stop is a website where you can ask questions and find resources about all things USD, wherever you are, anytime. To find the answers you need, you can either ask a question or search the knowledge base of existing Q&As.
- Student Health Booklet - Read through the booklet by Sanford Health Vermillion Clinic to learn about your student health resources.
- Charlie's Bookstore & Fan Shop - Looking for new Coyote gear to add to your closet or home? Browse through the various apparel items, accessories and more at Charlie's Bookstore & Fan Shop. Shop online or stop by our two stores located in downtown Vermillion and in the Muenster University Center on USD's main campus, respectively.
- The Volante* - Keep up with what's happening on campus and throughout the state by reading the latest articles from the Volante, an independent newspaper led by USD students.
- Army ROTC Brochure - Read about the opportunities and benefits of being a member of the Reserve Officers' Training Corps (ROTC) at USD.
- SVRC Document* - Become familiar with the resources available to student veterans by getting involved with the Student Veterans Resource Center (SVRC).
- Diversity and Community - Explore the Center for Diversity and Community (CDC), which is here to serve the diversity and inclusiveness needs of the USD student body as well as to support communities that have historically been marginalized. The CDC offers an array of services and programming throughout the year to support students.
- Disability Services* - Learn more about your available resources with Disability Services.
- I CARE Brochure* - Learn more about I CARE, a program at USD committed to preventing and responding to sexual assault through programming and advocacy.
- VCDC - Are you new to Vermillion or curious about the opportunities you have here? Learn about what is available to you as a member of the USD and Vermillion community by browsing the Vermillion Area Chamber & Development Company's (VCDC) website.
- Career Services at USD - An overview of career resources.
- Service Desk Services and Support - An overview of the Service Desk and USD's available technologies.
- USD Involved - Search, find student organizations and attend events. Discover unique opportunities at USD.
- Librarian Specialists List - Contact a faculty librarian to teach a class, assist with your research project and request resources.
- Student Counseling Center - The University of South Dakota Student Counseling Center (SCC) provides a confidential setting in which students may explore concerns and challenges of a personal or academic nature. The SCC is a state accredited alcohol and drug treatment and prevention facility. The SCC provides services in the following areas: Consultation and Referral, Crisis Intervention, Individual Mental Health, Group Counseling, Alcohol and Drug Assessments, Alcohol and Drug Outpatient Treatment and Prevention/Psychoeducational Courses.
- Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR) (login required) - An overview of Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR) is available from in the portal. The document contains a number of hypothetical scenarios and offers guidance regarding RCR practices.
- Wellness Center - The Wellness Center at USD educates and enhances lifelong wellness by offering quality, diverse programming that fosters social engagement, personal satisfaction and healthy behaviors to the local and university community.
- Vucurevich Children's Center - We offer high-quality child care with a rich choice of activities and programming to USD students, faculty and staff and to the Vermillion community.
- Psychological Services Center - The Psychological Services Center (PSC) serves as a teaching, training and research center supported by the American Psychological Association-accredited doctoral training program in clinical psychology in the Department of Psychology at the University of South Dakota.
- Graduate Student Resources - An overview of Graduate School policies and information about resources available to graduate students.
- Graduate Assistants - SNAP Timesheet and Work Log Training - A guide for the hour submission and work log process. The video is a review of common questions, and it trains Graduate Assistants for the general timesheet process.
- Grubhub - Order food online and skip the lines in person! Use Grubhub to place an order ahead of time, and then pick up your food on campus. Download Grubhub from Google Play or from Apple's App Store.
- USDgo - Use the official app of USD for quick and easy access to the faculty and staff directory, campus information, campus maps, news, events and so much more. Download USDgo in Google Play or in Apple's App Store.
- USD Safe - Learn more about USD Safe, an app created by AppArmor. USD Safe works both on- and off-campus. It serves as a virtual escort to students, providing real-time location information to emergency contacts and the University Police Department.
* denotes resources available to new students at USD's main campus in Vermillion as well as the CCSF.