For those students electing to compete for an internship through one of the following COMLE sites, please be aware of their specific admission requirements.
- Sanford, Sioux Falls, South Dakota
- St. Luke’s College, Sioux City, Iowa
- UnityPoint Health, Sioux City
- MercyOne Siouxland, Sioux City
COMLE Internship Entrance Requirements
Prior to entering a COMLE program, the student must have completed all pre-clinical course requirements at their college or university. The "3 plus 1" student must be eligible for a baccalaureate degree upon satisfactory completion of the clinical program.
The minimal pre-clinical course and credit requirements* are:
- 16 semester hours of chemistry. This includes organic and/or biological chemistry.
- 16 semester hours of biological sciences to include anatomy and/or physiology, genetics and/or molecular biology, a course in microbiology, and immunology (2 credit min.) is required.
- One course of college level mathematics and statistics.
*The chemistry and biological science courses must be acceptable toward a major in those fields or in medical laboratory science, or be certified by the college/university as equivalent. Survey courses do not qualify as fulfillment of the prerequisites. Remedial mathematics courses will not satisfy the mathematics requirement. Required classes must be completed with a letter grade of C or higher.