Military Science at USD is leadership training that will set you apart in any job you choose after college.
Students enrolled in a nursing curriculum can participate in ROTC sponsored by USD. Full tuition four-year scholarships are available to students pursuing a Bachelor of Science in Nursing at USD.
Students enrolled in ROTC courses can apply for guaranteed conditional acceptance to the nursing program as early as their freshman year. Students must meet the following criteria to maintain eligibility:
- In good standing with ROTC
- Unconditional admission to USD (i.e. student is not on probationary status)
- Maintain 2.7 GPA in B.S.N. prerequisite coursework
- Completion of all prerequisite classes with a minimum grade of C in all courses prior to starting the nursing program
- Repeated no more than one of the following science courses one time within the last five years: CHEM 106/106L; PHGY 220/220L; PHGY 230/230L; and MICRO 230/232
- Criminal background check and drug screen completed semester prior to starting the program