Applicants will be evaluated for conditional acceptance based on the following criteria:
- Unconditional admission to USD (i.e. student is not on probationary status)
- Graduate of a state board of nursing-approved program required. Students who do not graduate from an accredited program, possess an associate degree or graduate from a diploma nursing program will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
- Active, unencumbered R.N. license to practice nursing
- A grade of C or above is required for all support and nursing coursework
- A complete application for the nursing program must be received by the published deadlines.
- Clean criminal background check and drug screen (completed upon notice of conditional acceptance)
Admission is competitive. The number of students admitted is limited by the number of faculty and resources available.
Meeting minimum requirements does not guarantee acceptance. The department reserves the right to deny admission based on the best interest of the profession. Failure to disclose previous or pending convictions may lead to denial of admission. Falsification of information or documentation will be considered grounds for dismissal from the program.