For the purpose of admission, an international student is defined as a student who is, or will be, in the United States on a non-immigrant visa. International applicants are required to submit all application requirements
- Take the Law School Admissions Test
- Register for the Law School Admission Council (LSAC)’s Credential Assembly Service and pay all appropriate fees
- Submit all undergraduate and graduate transcripts to LSAC
- Submit a minimum of two letters of recommendation to LSAC
- Submit an English proficiency test score
- Pay the $35 application fee
- Complete and submit the USD Knudson School of Law application and personal statement electronically via the LSAC. The application may be found on LSAC's website.
Questions about the Credential Assembly Service may be directed to LSAC at 215-968-1001, or LSACINFO@LSAC.org.
English Proficiency Test Scores
A Proficiency Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score of 79 on the internet-based TOEFL or 550 on the written TOEFL is required for admission. The International English Language Testing Service (IELTS) exam is also accepted with a minimum score of 6.0. The PTE Academic English Test is also accepted with a minimum score of 53.
Students from English-speaking countries, including the United Kingdom, Australia, Canada (except Quebec), Ireland and New Zealand, are not required to submit a TOEFL score if their academic records indicate that English was the classroom language for the majority of their schoolwork. Foreign students who have obtained an undergraduate or graduate degree from an American college or university are not required to submit a TOEFL score.
Financial Ability Requirements
Once you have been accepted to USD, your I-20 cannot be issued until you have proven financial ability. You must complete the financial ability form and provide official financial documentation showing the amount of cost to attend USD. If the statement is not your personal bank statement, a letter from the person owning the bank account is necessary indicating that person will be sponsoring you. Please send the form and financial documents together.